The Gathering

Kicknbak

The Gathering

Postby Kicknbak » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:32 am

G-mornin Kens,

You hit the nail right 0n the head. The question of the day. I would start building today if we weren't trying to get moved out of here. "She" says that's just what you need Rog, to have a big project going in the garage and we get a legit offer on the house. She's right of course, but that still doesn't make me happy.

We do have the house on the market (poor as the market is right now), and would like to relocate to the "Gathering" area. Have several RE folks working for us at that end but when they come up with something really doable for us, we can't do anything until this place sells first. Two house payments? Been there, done that.

We would like to be moved down there by the time you folks have your get together this year. Then I still wouldn't get started on the Tubby "Veriatus" because I'm sure there would be all kinds of "Honeydos" associated with the move.

WE studied the area because I read an article about Lake Guntersville being one of the top 10 retirement areas right now, and it's basically unknown. Of course, we could say we want to go down there because that's where the "Gathering" meets, right? :wink:

Actually, have built it three or four times in my dreams already anyway, so I should be happy.... huh? We will certainly try to make the "Gathering" this year... maybe be living in the motorhome however. Won't need a cabin. That's why I was asking if it was held right at the State Park, or where. Good to hear from you Kens. What are you building or have built? Roger
Take the time to do it right....
Or have the time to do it over.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:14 am

Welcome

It is held at the state park

Kicknbak

Postby Kicknbak » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:26 am

upspirate
Hey thanks, I kind of figured so, even tho' we haven't laid eyes on it yet. That's where we will be if we get down. I did see a boat builders get together last summer at Lake Dardenelle, AR. Not too many there but they sure drew a croud for about three days running. Very fun to see.
I don't know what group it may have been. Sure hope to see yours...

Roger

kens

Postby kens » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:57 pm

you dont have to start the big part of the porject just yet. there is a big amount of sub-assembly parts that can be cut out, preassembled; materiel purchased (that can get paid off by the closing attorney) and so on, and so on.

Kicknbak

Postby Kicknbak » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:01 am

Kens

Ha ha Probably right, it would cut into the routine, me work, her rule. Will get the plans ordered soon, so she knows I am serious about this thing. We sold our long time friend yesterday, the family boat, so that puts us in dire need now.

I would be starting off pretty small imho anyway, so what's the harm, huh? She's just afraid I might find something to occupy my time more important than retiling the bathrooms right now. (That's just the next thing on the list). Could have a point there...

I have my chore cut out just tryiing to find an opening to introduce the idea of a RV trip around the "Gathering" dates. I mean... We do need to check out the area more if we plan on living there, etc. Sounds good?
Roger

Return to “Gathering 2008”