Who's Coming?

BulldogBoater

Postby BulldogBoater » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:47 pm

Well,

I'm definately in and bringing a friend and a Tubby Tug. We will arrive on Friday but need to leave Saturday afternoon.

What is the current status of the cabins? Would even be interested in sharing on Friday evening if someone has some spare room for two

Thanks,

KB
(Kevin Brown)
"I'm not trying to get it perfect. I'm trying to get it finished!"
www.tubbytug.com

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:32 pm

Kevin,

I'm not able to commit for a friday night. My wife travels. Call the State park. Next week when Kodak tells Lauren where she will be I may be able to help somebody out.

B
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:06 pm

I just received the following email from Tom Drake (Zip builder, "Irish Rose"):

Tina and Ijust wanted to say hi and that we'll miss the Gathering this year due to a conflict in that weekend. I've tried several attempts to e-mail but they get returned as undelivered. I can't seem to get into the Forum so I'll ask you to extend our best wishes to all the gang at the Gathering.
warmest regards,
Tom and Tina Drake
Mt Dora, FL.
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

kens

Postby kens » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:01 pm

How can we get a cardboard stanley of Tom, and have him sitting around?

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:50 pm

And that beautiful jewel of a boat!
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

richpach

Still Room to Attend?

Postby richpach » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:05 pm

I'd like to attend the gathering event with my wife. How do I sign up to attend, bring stuff, volunteer to do stuff? I won't be bringing boat (just started a Squirt) because I have to fly to Nashville and drive to Guntersville. Is there stil time to sign up to help out?

Rich :x

kens

Postby kens » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:16 pm

richpach:
Welcome. Walk ins are welcome. This event is all about boatbuilders, there is always room for more, and time to sign up. you can go to the homepage of Glen-L.com and click on the Gathering message at the top. Or, you can email Bruce, he is handling registrations ahead of the event, at bruce.dow@rogers.com

See you there.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:47 pm

Rich

Tomorrow! Check with the Lake Guntersville State Park. I don't think there will be, but see if Lakeside Cabins are available or any other park lodging. It is the best place to be.

I'll do inventory of where we are this weekend and see if we have holes to fill.

Welcome,
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

richpach

Postby richpach » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:12 am

Okay, I reserved a room at the lodge. There are still two more rooms avaiable, if anyone is interested.

bob smith

Newbies coming to the Gathering!

Postby bob smith » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 am

Hello everyone,
We are Bob & Linda Smith from Chester, SC. and are coming to the Gathering. I've sent an email to Bruce Dow with registration info. I recently purchased plans for the Glen-L Riviera and am "clearing the decks" anticipating a start very soon.
We are looking forward to meeting you and getting really inspired by your camaraderie and craftsmanship.
I have a '75 Century Arabian (glass) that has stoked my fire for the last 24 years and am ready to graduate to a real (wood) boat of my own making.
We would like to help out with the food and will bring some real Southern BBQ if that works. Please let me know. We are staying in the Lodge and will arrive late Friday evening.
See you Saturday Morning.
Bob Smith

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:33 am

Welcome both of you...

No mater how late you arrive Fri night,come over to the cabin/pavilion area as we will probably be up til....???

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:30 pm

Here are the updated stats:

We have CONFIRMED:

45 Parties
88 People
26 Boats (inboard, outboard, sail and paddle - both finished and "in progress")

Many more not registering, but planning to "drop by"

representing:
15 States and 2 Provinces

Here is our current "push pin map"...

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=111652499074482260730.000458da1852fdfff46c7&ll=30.977609,-79.980469&spn=40.7737,92.8125&z=4
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:50 pm

:roll: Bruce,
I am delighted by all that you have put together. Thanks for doing the registration. I hear you are just brilliant putting all of this together. I love the location map. Can't wait to see you again and running along side you in the water. Can you believe Killbill actually finished the boat and I didn't strangle him in the night with sawdust? Are all these folks ready for a "Girl Named Lola"? See u in a week. Lauren
Tahoe 19 Build

BulldogBoater

Postby BulldogBoater » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:19 am

Hello Everyone,

I just booked a room at the lodge. That leaves only ONE room left.

KB
"I'm not trying to get it perfect. I'm trying to get it finished!"
www.tubbytug.com

Dave Grason

Re: Still Room to Attend?

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:27 am

richpach wrote:I'd like to attend the gathering event with my wife. How do I sign up to attend, bring stuff, volunteer to do stuff? I won't be bringing boat (just started a Squirt) because I have to fly to Nashville and drive to Guntersville. Is there stil time to sign up to help out?

Rich :x

Rich, if you're flying into Nashille, do you want to rent a car and drive? The reason that I ask is that my wife isn't going this year as she's recovering from a hystorectomy. I'll be going down on Friday alone and pulling my Zip behind the old truck. You are more then welcome to ride with me and save the car rental fees. I can pick you up at the airport.

The truck is a single cab. But I do have a super cab truck with 2 jumpseats behind the bench in front. My single cab is a 6 cylinder and gets good mileage (and both tanks work.) The super cab is a 460cid and the mileage really sucks. And only one tank works. The offer is there if you want but if you want to rent and drive, that's certainly ok too.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Return to “Gathering 2008”