October 25 & 26, 2008 Planning

Bill Edmundson

October 25 & 26, 2008 Planning

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:34 pm

This is a bit early, But...

Last year, I tried to carry a lot of this into the last month.

We will need somebody to take the lead in these areas:

Food

Registration

Awards (This may mean up front cost that we will take donations for in Guntersville)

Promotion

Entertainment

Safety and Logistics

Lauren and I have a lot of ideas in some of these areas.

What about maybe vendors on Saturday? I personally don't care for it. But, a fee to set up could defray cost.

Bill
Last edited by Bill Edmundson on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Bill wrote:
"What about maybe vendors on Saturday? I personally don't care for it. But, a fee to set up could defray cost. "

I was thinking more on the line of sponsors; we could fly the banner/advertising of parts material suppliers for a fee. Hopefully enough fee to completely & totally pay for awards.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:11 am

Too early ?? NEVER ! This might take some of the pressure off of you and Ken if we all start now.

I know absolutely nothing about logistics or safety and would be weak in promotion: Anything else you can count on me for: but just give me an assignment.

Thanks

Steve

DeltaDawg

Bouy key chain floats

Postby DeltaDawg » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:51 pm

I can send a few dozen Gathering/Rendezvous bouy key chain floats that I have in inventory. I might also be good for a sanded Tiki I'll see how big the tribe is when I mail in the fall. If someone wants to borrow the Gathering/Rendezvous branding iron to make something else I can mail that to you ahead of time as long as I get it back after the Gathering. The branding iron reads
"Boat Builder
Gathering/Rendezvous
www.Glen-L.com"
Dawg

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:07 pm

Dawg

Thanks. I have an idea at this point. But, I'm not ready to commit at this point.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:24 am

Hey, I think I will make some "Glen-L Lobster Trap Bouys"...that is more fitting for the East Coast !!! :lol: :lol:

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:34 am

Maybe, we could all set them on friday and have a crawfish boil on Saturday. :lol:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:10 am

Bill,

We'll bring support supplies again(plates,napkins,forks etc) .
We've already started collecting them so it won't be a big last minute rush or expense.

Warren

DeltaDawg

Postby DeltaDawg » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:46 am

I have a cylinderical and a rectangular crawdad trap. I use an old church key to put some holes in a can of dog food. Drop the trap down in the shade overnight by the tules with an old plastic jug for a float (so it looks like debris and no one takes my traps). It is getting kind of late for crawdads here.

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:59 am

DeltaDawg wrote: an old church key

Cool, so you guys use that term too, eh? 8) :)

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:20 am

:D

As you may have already seen, Leakcheck (Steve) has taken the lead on Food. He has the "Magic Bus" that is full of cooking equipment and who knows what else. This not a free ride. So, let him know what you can do to help.

Kens is lead on Promotion & Awards. He will be getting the word out, looking for Sponsors and coming up with years awards. I'm sure help is welcome.

We still have areas not cover. We're looking for help. :wink: The old saying does apply, "Many hands make light work."

Thanks to Ken & Steve! :)

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

DeltaDawg

Postby DeltaDawg » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 am

Kens, the liquor companies sponsor a lot of events out here on the delta in your area you may want to call Jack Danials and ask if they would be a sponsor for your Gathering. I took a nice tour of their facility in Lynchburg TN when I worked in Athens AL. Also I deleted your address if you send me a PM with your address I will get 3 dozen buoy key chain floats mailed to you so that you can have them. Dawg

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:55 pm

:lol: Upspirate (Warren O) has been sucked in for Logistics/Registration/Safety! THIS DOES NOT MEAN ANYBODY IS OFF THE HOOK :!: EVERYBODY HELPS!

Bruce Dow has volunteered to take an area. I haven't talked to him, yet. But, thanks.

Last year, I felt like a one man show until the last two weeks. Then everyone jumped in!

I will be active! But, the early help is a great relief!

Thanks,
Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:04 pm

(Bill, for what it's worth your wife said you are more "active" than you should be at your age !)

STEve

:roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:28 am

you are more "active" than you should be at your age !

Maybe, that's why she keeps making up more stuff for me to do! :shock:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2008”