Food ! (Not for thought..for real !)

leakcheck

Food ! (Not for thought..for real !)

Postby leakcheck » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Okay Men,

It is official. I have been assigned as the Food Dude, the Galloping Gormet, the Dean of Cuisine, The Sultan of Salad, The Naked Chef. the shrimp dippin' chicken grillin, Chip Monk and Frier !!! ...

SO all you guys listen up: If you want to help let me know what you would like to do and I will start some assignments.

It would probably be best if you email me direct Leakcheck@bellsouth.net so we don't take up more time and space than necessary (You don't get to use "than" very often anymore) on this website.

When I find out what kind of volunteers I have and for what meals I will begin to make assignments (Only if you volunteeered obviously..although I have Edmunson doing most of the dishes as of now !!)

It will be easier to know what quantities we are lookin at later toward the launch date, but at least if we can get the interest started it would be great.

Just for starters I think we probably have Kens on Fri Night duty, he will need some help..if this thing grows the way i think it may it might help to have a couple of main dishes...time will tell.

Looks like we have the Canadiens doing breakfast (the Canadians too)..they don't know it yet./.I will wait for them to volunteer first !

I will take alot of saturday night....but will need help as well.

Steve :lol:

kens

Postby kens » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:50 pm

OK, I'll do Low Country Boil on Friday.
Here is the support I need:
I need to know how many people,
I need some support on the costs.

The 'Food Dude' can take care anything else on Fri.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:10 am

Debbie & I are taking care of plates,paper towels,forks,cups etc again this year.

Also I haven't talked to Bill,but will be taking his suggestions on some other duties too.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 pm

Leakcheck has let me know that he can't commit to The Gathering. But, Steve is OK.

"Nothing significant is wrong...our health is fine, both college kids are well, the married guy in Alabama is fine and our high school senior is doing well...even our dog is okay...but stepping back to regroup.... "

That is all I know. That is OK.

If we have anybody who wants to do "Food Coordination", speak up!

I haven't watched close. But, I think he we have:

Kens: Low Country Boil - Friday night.
Bruce Dow and Paul Cane - Breakfast Saturday.

I'm in there some place?

Anybody?

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:46 am

The "Canadians" are in for one of the breakfasts. Last year, we did Sunday. We are happy to do either Saturday or Sunday.

B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 am

Well, let me chime in here... it's been a busy summer, with not so much work done on the boat. I finally got back into it last weekend for the first time since mid/late June. I successfully steam bent 1.5 frames out of 4 attempts, so now I have only 50-55 left to do. Still working on perfecting the techniques.

After the frames, then I replace a few strakes and the bottom. Then rebuild the transom. Then fill, fair, seal, sand, paint, etc. all before rollover --- you get the picture. Unfortunately, I don't see the end of October as a realistic completion date; most likely not even a realistic rollover date (where I could at least pull it over there on the trailer). This has turned out to be a much more involved project than I expected to find before I took it apart!

Bottom line -- I was up for cooking Saturday breakfast again, but I think my attendance is even in question at this point. I'd sure hate to miss, but.... Bruce, take your pick Sat/Sun.

-wte
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:04 am

I think I prefer Sunday.

(Because of the distance we need to travel, we'll want to do our shopping on Saturday... Don't want to haul the stuff all the way, and probably won't be in the mood to shop on Friday when we get there)
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

kens

Postby kens » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:52 pm

I'm still on for a Boil on Fri.
I just need to know how many folks, so that I can plan for the shopping.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:23 pm

Great guys.

Friday night: Savannah
Saturday morning: ?
Saturday Lunch: On your own!
Saturday night:? I'm thinking about it.
Sunday morning: Canada

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:13 am

I wouldnt worry too much about Sat breakfast. As I remember last year, only a few folks got up early, a few slept in late, a few went in town shopping, and a few dont have breakfast at all.
The Lodge's forte' is their breakfast buffet anyhow, so I wouldnt worry about Sat breakfast.
However, that big coffee pot is a MUST HAVE item!!!

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:35 am

FYI, on Saturday last year I probably served up over 100 pancakes, 4-5lb bacon, 3-4 dozen scrambled eggs, and 1-2 gallons of orange juice, not to mention the toast that people made on their own. Sure, it was spread out over an hour or more, but we fed quite a few folks.

-wte
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:43 am

Thanks Bill E for the input. If we have to, we can put out a continental breakfast, self serve.

Ken has thrown out the idea of a barbeque cookoff for Saturday night. I kind of like that idea.

What do ya'll tihnk.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2008”