no
No votes
Maybe?
No votes

Total votes: 1

Bill Edmundson

SATURDAY NIGHT FOOD

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:38 am

I know that it is early for a lot of people to commit.

But, I'd like to know if you want to help with BBQ & sides. I don't plan to try to cook long hours in Guntersville. I plan to cook the weekend before. Maybe some on site finishing.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Bill:
What about adjusting the poll to a BBQ cook-off? With judging by attendees and a award.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 pm

We have a volunteer. Falcon is bringing a summer salad. We need more help though. Thanks, Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

narduccimarine

Postby narduccimarine » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Bill
I can grill some wings ( mine are damn near world class! ) on Saturday and make a salad. I also plan on making a big pot of chili on Friday,
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Bob,

Thanks! :) We won't have a count for a while, and there are always surprises. As we get close we can firm things up some.

Thanks again,
Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:49 am

We will be bringing supplies....glasses(plastics),styro plates,bowl,cups,paper towels, ,table utensils,napkins....just like last year

Bud_Wilson

Gathering meals

Postby Bud_Wilson » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:08 pm

I will bring something meat sides drinks what ever I am going to wait a little while and see what we might need but I want be empty handed even if it is something for the bar. Bud :wink:
Y'All Come Cap'N Bud.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:14 pm

I thought if everyone just covered whatever they wanted to drink,that would make things easier& we would just come up with food items.

I liked the kegs last year :shock: :wink: ,& thought of doing that this year,but it's kind of tough logistically.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:16 pm

Bud,

Thanks! :D

Just as I thought, this is coming together in the last month.

Please, contact Bruce Dow about registration. :oops: I just noticed that you have!

I usually don't notice until after I push submit!

Thanks,
Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Of course, the Canadians will bring some real beer. If you have any favourite flavours that you'd like me to bring down, let me know.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

kens

Postby kens » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:40 pm

I like the idea of a keg also. What flavor?
Light/ dark/amber?

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi!!
This is Paula, Butch Barto's wife! I have an idea for Friday, make it easy? What if 4-5 of us just bring a large pot of chilli? I make a real good hooooooot one! then all we would need is cheese, cracker,fritos and pickels,sour cream and hot sauce! someone could bring mild and some one medium?? Just an idea? sorry if I am putting my nose in where it does not belong.
also on Sat. night BBQ what do we need to BBQ? Butch will help cook whatever? we will also be glad to bring a side or two?
We will bring lots of coffee for Sat and Sun morning... also i liked the idea of everyone bringing their own soft driks/water............
so here is my two cents for what its worth!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

kens

Postby kens » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:42 pm

Since Steve dropped out of Sat. night food; and several folks mentioned Chili; why not do a Chili cook-off for Saturday. This could get exciting with several people involved, and we will be voting for awards anyway, we also vote for best Chili.
:D :D

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:17 pm

Paula!

First! You are as much a part of this as Anyone!

At this point I'm flexible (The key to flexibility is indecision.). We can kick ideas around for a while longer. But, I would like to set a theme with 2 weeks to go.

If I do some bar-b-que, I'm going to do a lot of the work the weekend before. I don't have the room to bring a good grill, and the park's grills stink.

Let's keep this open and see what the ideas are!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:21 pm

Yeah Paula! I love the chili idea... I'd love to make some chili too, but I don't think that will be feasible coming all the way from California on a plane--John and I make mean chili too. Anyway, we'll pitch in too with whatever is needed...
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Return to “Gathering 2008”