Count Down 2008

Bill Edmundson

Count Down 2008

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:43 pm

We're down to the last month :!:

It's time to come out of the closet.

The people working on this so far, are doing a great job!

Bruce is on top of registration. Please, contact him if you haven't already.

Warren is in there. Gayle has been promoting. Kens is in there and pushing. I've been doing a little to push food.

We need more help. I've got to sit down this weekend and try to do a better job identifying the weak areas.

The long range outlook says that the highs will be in the 70's, lows in the 40's. We've had better rain this year and the hope is that the fall colors will be better this year.

We have the Lake Cabin Pavilion and have the fenced area of the beach parking lot for display on Saturday.

Bottom line, It's time to jump in!

Welcome, Everybody!

I've forgotten who said, "It's like a family reunion. Only, You get to chose your family!" Y'all come!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:15 am

With several new builds being launched at this years event; do you guys have interest in a Christening Ceremony of any sort? I got a vision of 3 or 4 boats on the ramp, a group of people, and a simple prayer of Good Luck, champagne on the bow, and launch them all for boat rides.
You guys interested??

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:00 pm

:D If not a first launch, at least a welcome to the fleet. :D

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

John K

Postby John K » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 am

Hi Bill,
for us that were not there last year, could you give us an idea of where this is located. It probably is posted some place, but I cannot find it.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Lake Guntersville State Park.

At the park entrance you go maybe 100 yards and turn left. Watch for the beach/campground turn to the left. (If you don't turn you will go up the hill to the lodge and chalets.) The first thing you will come to is the Lake Cabins on the left. This is the Center of Activities. The next major area is the Boat Ramp and Beach Pavilion. Next to this is the Campground.

There are a couple of camp stores. But, the real stores are in town, about 6 miles away.

I recommend that you come in on Hwy 227. Maring Gap Rd, 513, is narrow with a one lane hairpin turn just before a one lane bridge.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2008”