River run before or after?

Bob Maskel

River run before or after?

Postby Bob Maskel » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Last year after the Gathering, Dwain Colton and I roamed the waters around Guntersville on Sunday afternoon, and the following day Ray Macke and I ran our boats from Guntersville to Chattanooga (about a 5-6 hour trip) and stayed overnight, making the run back the following day. It was a great few days in beautiful water and scenery, and the marina we stayed at was right in the heart of downtown Chattanooga.

Kens is also interested in doing a day trip on Thursday before the Gathering.

If anyone is interested in some kind of trip before or after the "official" festivities they can set something up here......

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:16 pm

I am interested in Chattanooga or beyond Sun-Thur after or something and there is a possibility I could get there in time for something Thursday before...

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:14 pm

Bob,

You don't know how I would love to make a run! But, this could become a Keynote of the Gathering! It's an important part of what this is about!

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:05 pm

Hey, Bob how's it going????I'm hopin' to be there this year...That road(river)trip was fun....Hoping to repeat...This time I buy the gas!!!!!I'm trying to set up plane resv. right now, so will see ALL you guys then........Dwain, The SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNG.

kens

Postby kens » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 pm

I look forward to seeing you Dwain. I was wondering if you were gonna make it this year.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:29 pm

I'd love to do a trip....wish I had the extra time. :cry:

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:08 pm

I'll get on a boat anytime-anywhere, if there's room for me, and would love to ride in every boat there....In fact I'll start a sign-up sheet right now. HAHAHAHAHAHA....AND,,,,, I'll BUY gas, even if it's(choke) 5 bucks a gallon(6?)....Just confirmed resv., see ya there!!!!!Dwain the Ski King...

kens

Postby kens » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:22 am

I am leaving in minutes, but, I dont have boat tanks for a long run. I can go about the near area Thurs.

DeltaDawg

Sea Knight trip

Postby DeltaDawg » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:00 am

Bob, I really enjoyed reading the article in this month's newsletter about the trip you and Dave took to Chatanooga in your Sea Knight. It makes me want to uncrate my Sea Knight frame kit and get going so I can have a Vee hull instead of my Wee Hunk flat bottom dory to cut through the chop on the San Joaquin and the Moke from what Dave wrote the Sea Knight handles the chop well. Thanks for the motivation. DD

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:31 pm

The hull on Bob's boat is pretty much a flat bottom at the aft end. So it could start pounding if it wanted to. Of course, there is no such thing as the perfect boat, but with all the stuff on a cabin cruiser, I figured there would need to be some compromises if one wanted the comfort of a little cruiser and still have some performance and I think the Sea Knight pegs it as good as any boat could be expected. GREAT little design IMHO. Makes me want one myself.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:34 pm

pretty design too,and Bob did a fantastic job building it!

Return to “Gathering 2008”