Gas priced in Ala.

Oyster

Gas priced in Ala.

Postby Oyster » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:57 pm

Its my understanding that in the area of Huntsville, gas is 2.93, FWIW for the folks planning the trip and fillin the tank. It may be a good idea to keep an update on this as time gets closer for the folks traveling the highways and the locations of the prices in the surrounding areas to at least save a few bucks if possible. .

Krugwaffle

Postby Krugwaffle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Until recently, there were a few parts of Alabama where there was no gas. The pipeline dried up after the hurricanes disrupted the refineries and those folks was left high and dry. From what I understand, the supplies are getting replenished and there shouldn't be any trouble us getting fuel up there by the time of the Gathering. Since there has been this impact from the storms, it may be some time before the prices stabilize so expect some variations as you drive along the hiway.

Another thing to think about. With all this instability in the credit markets, you might want to bring a good cash backup just in case things get real silly and they shut down the credit card system. Most of the time when we take the trip, we charge everything just so we don't have to carry a lot of cash. The way my luck runs, something will happen and the whole system will come crashing down like a lot of other things have lately. A lot of those little gas stations or restaraunts on the road won't be able to process credit card transactions if things get shaky.

Just be prepared I guess.
Enough youth, now how 'bout a fountain of SMART!

John K

Postby John K » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:50 am

The places without gas in AL where mostly due to panic buying. Low emission gas required in the Atlanta area is the pipeline that was affected by Ike.

Gas overnight here in Leesburg and from the news also in Birmingham has dropped to 3.15 and in some areas is 2.99.

More drops are expected.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Gas is available! And, is going below $3.00 per gal.

Sorry about Americans and metric.

Bill
Last edited by Bill Edmundson on Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:00 pm

I saw gas here today for $0.99

($CDN.... a litre... but still... thats about $0.40 off the peak)
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:01 am

Here's a web site that calculates cost to drive...I had to put in guntersville al as it wouldn't take Lake Guntersville

http://www.costtodrive.com/

Return to “Gathering 2008”