1st Report!

Bill Edmundson

1st Report!

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:31 pm

If you missed the "Gathering" at Lake Guntersville, you missed a real good time, some great folks, good food and a few good boats. A rainy arrival on Friday had us a bit concerned but the weather turned beautiful on Saturday and remained so on Sunday. Last year we had around 60 attendees and this year the count was somewhere around 100 souls. We went from 20 boats to 26 or 27. It was great to see everyone and we are looking forward to an even bigger group next year.

Lauren

A "FEW GOOD BOATS"... SHiiiiii____ :shock: :!:

Awards went like this:

Most Innovative: Bill Yonescu for a scaled up Tahoe 19 with an I/O drive.

Best Name: Murphy Family for a Tubby Tug name "Toy yoT".

Most Unique: Porter Harvey's "Sweet Carolina"

Potential For Speed: Paul Kane (Mr. Hot Rod) for his "Hot Rod"

Didn't Hit The Dock This Year: Ken Schott

Best Legs: Bruce Dow (Only, a Canadian would wear shorts.)

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/billedmundson/Gathering%202008/?albumview=slideshow

More to come I'll bet!

Bill
Last edited by Bill Edmundson on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:29 pm

I had a great time again this year. I hope everyone else has a safe trip home.

Dale K.

Postby Dale K. » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Just a word of thanks to all who put the 2008 Gathering together. I know events like that take a lot of work. Glad I was able to make it the whole way this year. I did make it home safe as well. It was great meeting a lot of boat builders and seeing a lot of great boats. Very inspirational.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Our impression was that it was a great time in spite of a rainy start.

Debbie(wife ) loved it ,Ashley (12 yr old daughter),Jessica (24 yr old daughter) loved it too(not just boat head me)

Great people,great boats,great food (in that order).

I heard more than one person agree with me that what started out as a tech forum has somehow evolved into a "family" with lots more hugs than last year.
Can't wait for all the pics.

Thanks to all that worked to make this possible including everyone that came with or with out a boat

See you all next year!!! :wink: :D

Warren & Deb

Falcon

Postby Falcon » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:12 am

special thanks to the people who made it all work out.Had a great time an looking forward to next year.
It was neat to put a face an hand shake to the names on the board.
Falcon
Be who you are, say what you want those that mind don't matter an those that matter wont mind.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/falcon6667/

John K

Postby John K » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:14 am

Some how my posting got dropped, but:

First, thanks to all those that helped in the planning and the food. I did not stay to eat, but I know that getting the food together was a lot of work also.

Next, it was fun to meet all the builders and see your boats. The boats showed the love for boating that each of you have. I did misss meeting a few people during the day, but there is always next year.

Maybe can even get the wife to stay in the cabins for the night and make a 2 dayer of it.

bob smith

What a great time!

Postby bob smith » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:23 am

Thanks to all for your warm hospitality to a couple of first-timers. We came for inspiration (and recreation) and you provided both. The food was great, Lake Guntersville State Park is awesome, and the boats exceeded all our expectations. I can't wait to get started on the Riviera.
See you next year.
Bob & Linda Smith

thinwater

Great time!

Postby thinwater » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:23 am

It was nice to get to meet you and the knowledge and craftsmanship was impressive. We didn't hang out as much we could've due to children whining and didn't want to disturb the peace. I don't know how far the boat is on the burners now but I'll have to work it in with the other projects.

Hope to do it again next year
Stephen Pepper/ family

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:56 am

I must say that the Gathering just gets better every year! This year was just like seeing old friends and we picked up where we left off. The boats were incredible and I'm so glad I was able to ride in more of them this year--what a blast. The food--yum! Everyone was so great with pitching in and just helping when needed. You are all a very impressive group of people.

Thanks to each and every one of you for everything and for Bill and Lauren, Ken and Bruce who really took the reins this year. Great job everyone.

I really liked the name tags--thanks Jimmy70 for that idea and for Bruce and I think maybe Paul for implementing them.

What a fun time! I did miss seeing some of you who weren't able to make it to the meals--I do regret that. But, there's always next year! There were so many folks this year that I was still meeting many of you even on Sunday morning.

I'll do something with the video I took as soon as I can amidst getting all of the advertising for next year finished up. I think we got some good stuff.

Again, you boat builders are a rare breed of people and I am honored to know each and every one of you...

John K

Postby John K » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:04 am

Hey Bill,
Can't get into the Gathering 2009 subject.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:13 am

John K wrote:Hey Bill,
Can't get into the Gathering 2009 subject.

Me neither!!!

Just booked our cabin for next year....now have to go clean the garage & build the boat!!!! :wink: :roll: :shock: :lol:

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:29 am

Gathering 2009 is fixed--my bad. I always have a heck of a time figuring out how to do stuff in the admin panel! Thanks...

Lewis Barrett

Postby Lewis Barrett » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:11 pm

I wanted to add mine.

Had a great time meeting and seeing everyone. Just had a great time. Thanks to all for the food and hard work.

I hope our friends from Canada get home safe.

David

fred mcdearmid

Postby fred mcdearmid » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Cheryl and I had a great time. We made it home around 10pm eastern time. Thanks bruce and all the people at the gathering. You made us feel like old friends. See you next year.

Larry Raydo

Postby Larry Raydo » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm

What a great time I had at the Gathering. Thank you for the priviledge of being welcomed by such a great group of people. The boats were all works of art. This was my first up close look at these boats. The pictures on the internet do not do these boats justice. I can only say I was stunned by the craftmanship involved. Thanks to all the boat owners who let me touch (caress is a better term) their creations. I learned so much in the few hours of being around all ya'll. Thanks again and look forward to seeing everyone again.
Larry

Return to “Gathering 2008”