So who brought the beer?

Dave Grason

So who brought the beer?

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:40 am

Last year, at the 07 Gathering, we had 2 kegs of beer. I think one was Budweiser and the other was Bud Light. I'm personally not really big on either of those as I prefer the stronger tasting European type beers but that's just me.

This year, someone said one of the kegs was a light beer so I went to the other keg. I liked it a lot. But it really looked and tasted like Killian's. I was just wondering if I was correct and if not, what was it. Sadly, I only got about 2 glasses of it when I got sidetracked and din't get back to get any more. That should show you what an alcoholic I'm not. lol
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:42 am

Leakcheck brought the kegs in '07. Ken brought them '08. We managed to break even on the kegs and pavilion this year.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:52 pm

That was a full light beer and a little keg of dark beer.
Would you like me to do that again next year?

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:21 pm

The dark was Michelob amber bock. It's better than bud but if you really like beer I'm planning to bring some kegs of my homebrew next year. I didn't have any ready to take last week and I sure did miss it. I usually have a keg onboard the boat, nothing like a cold draft beer while sailing. We'll have to plan a cocktail hour onboard the Whippoorwill next year, we had an impromptu get together on the dock Saturday afternoon and we had a great time sipping on Pusser's Painkillers and beer. You'll have to be sure and join us next time

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:38 pm

kens wrote:That was a full light beer and a little keg of dark beer.
Would you like me to do that again next year?

Absolutely! The dark was very good and I promise that I'll get more than 2 glasses of it.

gaffrig24 wrote:The dark was Michelob amber bock.

Ok, that makes sense. I am a fan of Amberb Bock. I've always thought that beer tastes better on draught than in the bottle.

gaffrig24 wrote: It's better than bud but if you really like beer I'm planning to bring some kegs of my homebrew next year.....
...We'll have to plan a cocktail hour onboard the Whippoorwill next year, we had an impromptu get together on the dock Saturday afternoon and we had a great time sipping on Pusser's Painkillers and beer. You'll have to be sure and join us next time.

That would be an honor. ....um, what are Pusser's Painkillers? You see, I have this arthritis problem that flares up now and then......
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

kens

Postby kens » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm

"um, what are Pusser's Painkillers?"

I am not necessarily up to date on those beverages, but that sounds like a shot of Scotch with a homebrew chaser!! :D :lol: :o

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:08 pm

The report that I got from Bill was that everyone had a great time !

The beer I brought last year was Bud Lite and Michelob Amber Boch (my personal favorite)... But no one drank any last year so I drank it all myself when I got home !! :wink: The Amber Boch was more popular, but more of the Bud Lite was consumed because some old bloke, a sailor as I recall from Florida who happened to stay with me in my cabin drank most of it himself!

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:20 pm

Some old bloke a sailor. But, a fine Bloke! I wish he had made it this year!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:25 pm

Steve!! Where were ya? We missed you, buddy.......

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:49 am

recipe for Pusser's Painkillers:

http://www.pussers.com/rum/cocktails

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:51 am

Notice should be on Gaffrigg's boat!!!

http://www.pussers.com/library/images/lg_pkposter.jpg

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Thanks for the pusser's notice upspirate. It'll be on the boat soon, I just printed it up. Sounds like I may have to bring more rum next year and a tip jar, that stuff is top shelf rum and hard to find around here. Maybe I can get Bud to order up a case for us, he owns a liquor store and can probably get it cheaper.

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:59 pm

you're welocme...now if only Gayle owned a liqour store ....hmmmm!!! :wink:

Opps !Not going there!!! :oops:

Return to “Gathering 2008”