I found out what my "engine noise" was!!!

Bill Yonescu

I found out what my "engine noise" was!!!

Postby Bill Yonescu » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:51 pm

I just want to thank all that helped with the running of my engine at my cabin in an attempt to diagnose the noise that was there... It wasn't obvious but today I determine where what it was...

Would you believe it was the "FLAPPERS" in the exhaust tips..?? You can believe it..

Off to "Sea Trials" soon.. :D :D

Bill
Wood, without the worries of wood!

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:31 pm

LOL, That's Funny! But it's also a mistake that any one of us could make. Afterall, there was quite a crowd of us standing around the boat on Saturday morning and none of us spotted that darn noise.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:55 pm

That's great news! Don't you just love it when the problem is such an easy fix

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

John K

Postby John K » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:41 am

That is great news. Always look for the not so obvious causes. Seems like alot of time that is exactly where it is at.

Spend many years trouble shooting packaging equipment and got stumped by things like this.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:24 am

If you're the type of person that is bothered by unidentifiable noises, I'd say that riding a Harley is not for you. lol. You're probably better off on a Goldwing. By nature, the design of the Harley motor is just incredibly noisy, especially in the heads. Then put yourself behind a big fairing with those 2 thumping cylinders right below you and you'll be able to hear every little nuance of that valve train.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Return to “Gathering 2008”