It's Official Then!

Dave Grason

It's Official Then!

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:39 am

Well, the votes have the dates for the 2009 Gathering the weekend of October 23-25 winning by a landslide. So I reserved all cabins that had not already been reserved. I have 7 cabins available for Friday and Saturday nights with checkout time, of course, being 10am Sunday.

Also, I reserved the Pavillion for Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. So we are good to go, folks.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks, Dave, for stepping into the lead on this.

I have one of the cabins already.

Will you let our members know how to get one of "your" reserved cabins?

Last year, we had a few people make alternate arrangements, because the Park said they were all gone, and they didn't know that Leakcheck was holding the others.

I think Leakcheck's process last year was that people called the Park with a secret code word, and then the park would change the reservation name and credit card from his to theirs.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

kens

Postby kens » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:53 pm

I think we should backtrack to the beginning of this thread and delete all the discussion about the dates; that is too much to scroll through just to get to the part where we got all the cabins for us.
It would be much easier for people to see how to get a cabin, right at the start of the thread; and that info should be the beginning of the thread.

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:30 am

how warm was it there during the gathering? I see from the pics that people are wearing jackets would it be warm enough to camp? And if it is warm enough to camp do they allow camping there?

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:09 am

Yes they have a campground,and it was warm enough that some Canadian was wearing shorts,although the southerners were wearing layers of winter clothing!!!! :roll: :shock: :wink:

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:44 am

upspirate wrote:Yes they have a campground,and it was warm enough that some Canadian was wearing shorts,although the southerners were wearing layers of winter clothing!!!! :roll: :shock: :wink:

I know when I lived in Middle Georgia it would have still been warm enough for me to camp in late Oct but I wasnt sure about Northern Alabama :)

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:52 am

Duane,That's up to you guys' tolerance.

I've also camped in N.Ga in Oct when it was 30 at night & 55-60 in day time & did just fine.

The campground has electricity,so you can run an electric blanket or heater

I think it was in the 40-50's at night & 60's in day at the Gathering if I recall correctly

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:06 pm

That is my absolutely FAVORITE time to go camping. I love it when the nights get into the 30s. That's when a campfire is the most enjoyable and when I turn in and I've got the right bedclothes (and that's a huge key to success) I sleep like i NEVER sleep anywhere else. WOW.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

AAARGH

Postby AAARGH » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:13 pm

What if someone from California wanted to make a road trip to Guntersville and camp in an RV?

Paul

John K

Postby John K » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:25 am

When I was much, much younger, I was helping with the Boy Scout troup. We did a winter encampment at 10 F. Would not weven think about it now.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:09 am

AAARGH wrote:What if someone from California wanted to make a road trip to Guntersville and camp in an RV?

Paul

That's exactly what Dwayne Colton is planning on doing for this next year's Gathering. And he'll be driving from Oregon. The RV campground at Lake Guntersville is excellent and several members have stayed there each year.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:38 am

OMG!!!! This isn't a "get together" anymore!! It's a movement....a pilgrimage!!! :shock: :wink: :D

AAARGH

Postby AAARGH » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:16 pm

I spoke to the wife and we seriously considering attending. Who is the best person to contact for info about the RV campground at Lake Guntersville, and the name and adress of the RV campground. I checked online for info but Guntersville is a big place and didnt know exactly where to look.

FYI I'm about 10 miles west of Glen-L, so on the map it's about a 2000 mile straight shot east to Guntersville Pilgrimage.

Paul

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:23 pm

http://www.alapark.com/LakeGuntersville/

The campground is part of the state park.

AAARGH

Postby AAARGH » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:24 pm

WOW THAT WAS FAST

Paul

Return to “Gathering 2009”