River Run 2009 // Delta Queen

raymacke

Re: River Run 2009 // Delta Queen

Postby raymacke » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

My wife and I will be arriving Wednesday evening and staying at the park lodge. We will be ready to roll Thursday morning. Any departure time set yet? Makes me no difference - what ever works for the group. My cell # is on Bruce's list. I suggest we all make sure to have the list with us to make last minute contact.
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

kens

Postby kens » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:09 am

Lewis Barrett wrote:I live about 1 hour from Chattanooga and if my son's football game is not rescheduled for Thursday, I may sneak away and check on the river rats and take a look at the Delta Queen.

David

This is gonna be Great. Like a mini-Gathering.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:43 am

Will try to make this next year.

One of you more talented and musically inclined folks need to rewrite Jerry Reid's "Convoy" to "Gath'ring"

For it shor' looks like we got us a gath'ring.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:00 am

DaveLott wrote:Will try to make this next year.

One of you more talented and musically inclined folks need to rewrite Jerry Reid's "Convoy" to "Gath'ring"

For it shor' looks like we got us a gath'ring.

My wife Debbie wrote a song for the Gathering last year....she will be performing it again this year

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:48 am

raymacke wrote:My wife and I will be arriving Wednesday evening and staying at the park lodge. We will be ready to roll Thursday morning. Any departure time set yet? Makes me no difference - what ever works for the group.

I got in to Guntersville about 2 AM this morning...am heading out and going down by boat to Joe Wheeler State park and will be heading back to Guntersville Wednesday morning. I will meet up with you guys (Ken-Dwain-Ray) Wednesday afternoon or evening. Great weather here now, going to be in the 70's and sun the next 3 days. The trees are just starting to show a little fall color change. See you guys Wednesday and Bruce and crew Thursday in Chat.....
bob

kens

Postby kens » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:42 pm

WOW! Has anyone noticed the weather forecast?
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... 6.2704&e=0
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Not looking good for the river runners... unless you have a roof. Rest of the weekend looks OK

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 am

The worse in the southern region should move south and off into the gulf and the folks may boat between the worse of the two areas hopefully.

Return to “Gathering 2009”