Gathering INFO

Bill Edmundson

Gathering INFO

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:11 pm

I just deleted a lot of old post. This was to try to reduce confusion!

the Gathering dates are October 23, 24, & 25.

Lake Guntersville State Park, Alabama. Click on the button on the left for park information.http://www.alapark.com/parks/park.cfm?parkid=5

HQ is the Lake Cabins.

Plans are not completely set up. But, it normally goes like this:

Friday:
Everybody comes in, at the Lake Cabins.
Volunteers cook too much food and everybody meets and greets. Lots of Chair and Cooler time.

Saturday:
Volunteers cook breakfast. Lots of looking at each others boats and learning.

About 10:00 am we move to the boat ramps and public parking lot. Lunch is your problem.

About 4 pm, we pull out. The State Park has a Halloween Hayride and they need the parking lot.

Last year we did a chili cook off Saturday night!

Plans will develop soon. So, be thinking about IT :!:

Also, some of the guys are putting together a cruise to Chattanooga on Thursday and back on Friday, I think.

There has also been a mention of Golf one day.

So Much :!: So Little Time :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

vupilot

Re: Gathering INFO

Postby vupilot » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:39 am

What are the rates for the cabins? Are any still available? Only need one for my wife and I for Saturday night. We cannot make it friday.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:06 am

vupilot,

I just booked one of the last chalets....although she (Susan) innitially told me it was the last one. She mentioned there is one more (the pet chalet)...she said they don't rent that one out very often because most people don't want their cabins to smell like pets :shock: . I'm afraid to ask what kind of pets people in Alabama take to the lake... :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I asked about cabins and there are none available...I would prefer a cabin as well and would gladly share if necessary. It's just going to be me and maybe my father (if I can pry him away from Lake Eufaula long enough to come with me)...so I'd be glad to share the chalet if someone needs the room. Oklahoma hospitality here....

Dave Grason has several of the cabins reserved...I sent him a PM asking about getting one of the cabins. If I do end up with a cabin the offer to share is still open and I'll release my reservation on the chalet. Just PM me if interrested.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:40 pm

Thanks,

I think we will be staying at the hampton inn in town. If anyone else is staying there let us know.

dgtaylor

Postby dgtaylor » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:54 am

Not sure if this is the proper place to ask, but here goes.

I haven't built a boat (yet), but I would like to come up and look around and also bring my nephew to give him a chance to look around. What would be the best day and times if someone just wanted to walk through and look at all the boats and talk to some of the builders?

Thanks
Greg Taylor

kens

Postby kens » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:01 am

Saturday
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:52 am

There will be a chance to ride in some Saturday too as some will be in the water

Return to “Gathering 2009”