October 23, 24 & 25 Planning

Bill Edmundson

October 23, 24 & 25 Planning

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:40 pm

It's time to get started :!:

Last year, we had a lot of great help. Most of the work happens in the last month.

We will need somebody to take the lead in these areas:

Food: Last year Kens did Shrimp on Friday, I did Brunswick Stew. I think there was Sausage and Peppers... Saturday night we had a chili cook-off. We need someone to take the lead and make sure we spread the load and cover all meals. Butch Barto is coming and has a large coffee pot (seems to be popular an Saturday and Sunday morning). I'll probably get a second.

Registration: Bruce Dow has a great spreadsheet from last year to get this started. It has a lot of the contact information from last year, name tag template...

Awards: We don't really make this a competitive event. These are just for fun.

Promotion: I have the big Banner from the last two years. and some direction signs. I think Gayle has made some contacts and has us on several calender of event in publications.

Entertainment: In the past, several of our musically inclined have gotten together to give us some music. You may want to do some pre-planning.

Safety and Logistics: This is not that big of a deal unless we need it. This is emergency contact information that can be part of registration. It is also getting park and EMS numbers if we need them. We have discussed the possibility of a Porta-John.

In the past, we have taken donations on Saturday night to cover The beer kegs and the pavilion.

Time to step up folks. Don't worry. This group jumps in and helps with everything at the event. They can't help it. They are just that way. But, we need a few people up front.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Re: October 23, 24 & 25 Planning

Postby upspirate » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:46 am

We will cover the support stuff again like plates,napkins,paper towels bowls,spoons,forks,cups etc

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:26 am

I will cover registration and cabins. Do you want me to deal with the park on other matters, too (Pavillion, Boat Launch, etc, etc.)?
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:44 am

I'll help with food. I'll bring at least 20 lbs of Salmon. My garden pretty much sucked this year so don't think I'll have any fresh vegies (damn Oklahoma spring monsoon followed by lots of HOT). I would volunteer to do chili as well but even though I try I can't seem to make anything under 4 alarm chili (love Habanero's). So perhaps I'll do a breakfast skillet as well. I'll also help cook, do, fetch, or watch whatever else is in need. I assume there is power available for a skillet.

I'm sure I'll come up with somethin' else to bring.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

kens

Postby kens » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:57 pm

Do you guys want me to do another Low Country Boil on Friday?
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:03 pm

kens wrote:Do you guys want me to do another Low Country Boil on Friday?

One vote for!!

OOps !! I mean two!

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:58 pm

Bruce,

Thanks. You really did a great job last year! We do need to make sure we have the Pavilion locked up Fri., Sat., 7 Sun.

John K was going to check into the fenced area for Saturday.

Bill

As for food, That's a strong start! I suggest the specialties on
Friday night.

Something like chili works great on Saturday because it can be pre-made. After being on the lake or on display all day and getting a shower, it gets late to cook very long.

There is electrical power all around the pavilion.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:05 pm

We will do something but food may not be our thing since we will be on the road for those two weeks. Is there a place or coolers for community drinks and liquids?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:12 pm

The pavilion is about 30'x60' (My guess). We have not had a problem setting up.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Oyster is bringing the BEvERages!

Let's move that to the "Food" topic...
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Return to “Gathering 2009”