Food - Let's talk about food HERE

upspirate

Re: Food - Let's talk about food HERE

Postby upspirate » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:46 am

They were working on that,but not sure if it's covered for sure

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Sadly, I just heard that the Boy Scouts will not be making it this year, so we are officially "on our own" for Saturday Lunch, but someone has been musing about an idea. I will leave it up to her to announce.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:10 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:I may have missed something or somebody. But, this is what I saw:

(((stuff cut out)))
Sunday Breakfast:

Bruce Dow & Mr Hot Rod, Canadian Breakfast

(((more stuff cut out)))

We usually have some show-up cooks at breakfast, too.

Bill

Mark Chadwick and Mark Anderson are joining Hot Rod and me to host the Sunday morning Canadian Breakfast.

B.
Bruce.

~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:43 pm

I have been able to scrounge a bunch more wood for the fire pit.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Okay, I got all my stuff ready to go.

Salmon
Buffalo
Stuff for country skillet.

Now if I could just get one of the boats ready...nope, not gonna make it this year. I thought the resto project would make it but I found some serious problems with the trailer so the boat being ready or not is not the issue....that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Anyway, can't wait.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:27 am

ttownshaw wrote: I thought the resto project would make it but I found some serious problems with the trailer so the boat being ready or not is not the issue....that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Why don't you just say: "A dog ate my boat." :P
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:48 am

Now Grason, I don't care who you are...that's funny !

Steve

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:42 am

Why don't you just say: "A dog ate my boat."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll bring my windshield brackets as proof.... :lol:
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:39 am

Glen-L will be the official providers for lunch on Saturday to be served at the marina.
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:11 am

Gayle Brantuk wrote:Glen-L will be the official providers for lunch on Saturday to be served at the marina.

... for everyone who has registered and has a name badge... If you are planning on coming, and have not registered, now is the time to let us know the names in your party.

Gary McCusker - please take note!

B.
Bruce.

Dow's Monaco Project

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:25 am

About the food on Saturday--does someone have a table or two we could use to set the food on around noonish? That would be wonderful! We are having it catered by James' Bar-B-Q.
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:41 am

We can bring two folding tables, they are each 24" X 48",and we can bring an EZ-UP dining canopy

kingfisher

Postby kingfisher » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:04 pm

Bruce, Helen and I had planned to camp/sail at Guntersville before we heard about your gathering. Your gathering looks like icing on the cake. We plan to be there weather permitting. We are bringing our little home built new haven sharpie. I would like more info. on reg. fees and planned activities, including meals. How does it all work?

Thanks, Dave Thomasson
Knoxville, TN

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:17 pm

See what Gayle does when she knows I am not going to be there! Next thing you know there will be an announcement that there will be dancing saturday night!~

Steve

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:00 pm

kingfisher wrote:Bruce, Helen and I had planned to camp/sail at Guntersville before we heard about your gathering. Your gathering looks like icing on the cake. We plan to be there weather permitting. We are bringing our little home built new haven sharpie. I would like more info. on reg. fees and planned activities, including meals. How does it all work?

Thanks, Dave Thomasson
Knoxville, TN

Welcome Dave& Helen,

Some are running up the river to Chattanooga and back Fri morn viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6348

There is no reg fee,people are bringing different things....some food,(we are bringing paper supplies),if you wish,bring something like a covered dish,or appetizers,or help with prep,clean-up,whatever it looks like needs done.This is a hands on event.

There will be a tip jar for any out of pocket expenses that some people have had,like renting the pavilion Fri & Sat night,kegs of beer etc.

Fri daytime,people will congregate at the pavilion at the cabins as they arrive.

Fri nite there will be a Low-Country boil provided by Kens,brunswick stew by Bill Edmundson,and whatever anyone else brings.Music by my wife Debbie and whomever else(if either of you play music,bring and join in).Keg beer will be there,not sure of regular drinks,we normally supply our own soft drinks

Sat morn,breakfast will be cooked by volunteers and provided by whomever, at the pavilion.

Sat afternoon,people will be at the boat ramp/beach/marina parking lot.Food provided by Glen-L. Boat rides,boats on land and water,finished or not.

Sat nite at the pavilion,BBQ,elk,brunswick stew,bufflao,kind of a cook-off.Beer,music etc.

Sun morn,breakfast by the Canadians

MOST of all, we guys try to do most of the stuff and provide a vacation,fun time for the ladies....that way we can do it again next year!!! :wink: :D

Warren

Return to “Gathering 2009”