Food - Let's talk about food HERE

ttownshaw

Re: Food - Let's talk about food HERE

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 pm

Never heard of any good bbq east of memphis, north of KC, or west of Texas. Yep that puts Oklahoma just about right in the middle.

Maybe I need to take over on this one...hehehe.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:43 pm

ttownshaw wrote:Never heard of any good bbq east of memphis, north of KC, or west of Texas. Yep that puts Oklahoma just about right in the middle.

Maybe I need to take over on this one...hehehe.

Kinda hard to take over this BBQ for the 2009 Gathering at this point isn't it??? :wink: :? :lol:

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:14 pm

We know the winner of the BBQ cookoff for 2009. We also know the weiner of the Brunswick Stew too! :lol: By the way whats with the bumper?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:30 pm

BBQ is PORK :!:

TexASS does not have BBQ! They cook BEEF! Somebody from Texas needs to bring something to change my mind :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:55 pm

BBQ is PORK

TexASS does not have BBQ! They cook BEEF! Somebody from Texas needs to bring something to change my mind

Bill

Oh, now I see...you just thru the gauntlet down for anyone from TexASS (it's 6:45 PM in Oklahoma and the Longhorns still stink). I see that you are avoiding OK in your challange though...hmmmm. Are you a little CHICKEN or scared you'll squeal like a PIG? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, BBQ comes in multiple flavors and several kinds of meat. I'm convinced one of these years we'll do a true pit roast. Maybe half a pig and a quarter calf...I'll talk to the ranch hands and see if maybe we can plan on this for 2011 if there is enough interest here. :idea:
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Kinda hard to take over this BBQ for the 2009 Gathering at this point isn't it???

ROFLMAO....yep, you're right! Uhhhh....you mean I missed it? Had a great time, already thinking ahead for next year, and the next year, and the next year....
Bill

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Okay liteweights, step up to the plate! :lol: And this ain't no longhorn calf. :P
Attachments
pig.jpg

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:20 pm

CHICKEN :!: Well! It ain't Pork. But, At least it's Southern!

Damn furrinerrs.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:44 am

Maybe an Armadillo or two....great if smoked right....or so I hear!! :wink:

I'll see what I can hit with my truck....always in season if you use a vehicle!! :lol:

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:13 am

Well, guys, if we are going to get serious about food this early in the game, we need to start a G4 Food Thread. You have me all mixed up which is not hard to do these days.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

kens

Postby kens » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:17 pm

I been wondering about that.........this is a G3 2009 thread.
Food thread generally has come up approx 30-60 days before the event, if past history is anything.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:48 pm

This is just fun guys. It doesn't need to be in the 2010 thread.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

switherington

Postby switherington » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Listening to Northerner's talk about BBQ is like listening to kids pontificating about child rearing. If you want BBQ, you'll get BBQ. Just be careful what you ask for. Southern BBQ is smack yo momma good!
Eating an elephant is best done one bite at a time.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:28 pm

switherington wrote:Listening to Northerner's talk about BBQ is like listening to kids pontificating about child rearing. If you want BBQ, you'll get BBQ. Just be careful what you ask for. Southern BBQ is smack yo momma good!

What he said ^
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:10 pm

OKay: BBQ is southern for "fine dining" ! Of all the BBQ I have eaten on all of the trips I have been on all around the country (and, Yes, the BBQ is mainly in the south) it is all pretty much the same: All sizzle and no steak! (Good BBQ...an oximoron)

You take a hunk of meat (doesnt matter much what meat!) and you over cook it till it falls to pieces then you dump someones "secret" recipe sauce all over it till it drowns and all you end up tasting is the sauce! Course some eat it "dry" but that gets old real quick!

Do it the Yankee way with surf and turf...take your choice men, Dry aged New York Strip, Rib-eye, or Fillet (and you can wrap that in Bacon and call it BBQ if it makes you feel better) and then saddle that with a pound and a half fresh Maine Lobsta...it just doesn't get any better than that. You don't have to dress it up...it is what it is...and it IS great! Beef and Lobsta..it's what's for dinner! (Leave your sauce at home!) But if you really feel the need to cook something real slow..take a seven rib roast (prime rib) cook it at bout 225 for four hours or until it hits 122 inside temp,take it out of the oven and let it cook until the temp stops rising..put it back in the oven at 500 for 15 mins or until it hits 138..then you can rip it to shreds if it make you feel better...but don't pour anything over it to disquise the taste!

Steve

Take that you suthenahs!! 8) :lol: :wink: :roll:

Well, then...there's always chicken... :P (Course we have to import that from down south!)

Steve

Return to “Gathering 2009”