Food - Let's talk about food HERE

Bill Edmundson

Re: Food - Let's talk about food HERE

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:26 pm

I'll get it.

I'll take the lead on food.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Blue Tarps! Or, What ever color!

Last year was a little bit cool. If you have a tarp please bring it. We can block the wind at night at the pavilion.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bob Maskel

Post by Bob Maskel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:09 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:Blue Tarps! Or, What ever color!

Last year was a little bit cool. If you have a tarp please bring it. We can block the wind at night at the pavilion.

Bill
That fire pit thing was the clear ticket too. I don't know who brought that but it sure came in handy!

BruceDow

Post by BruceDow » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:19 am

Falcon brought the fire pit. We haven't heard from him or Griz in a while.

I will send an eMail to all of last year's participants some time in the next few days.

B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:18 am

Sorry I've been out of town and really busy lately....how could I miss a forum with beer involved! It's on now! Now I'm going to HAVE to brew up a batch of REAL beer! Not that watered down rice beer that comes in cans from big name brewers but real beer made with nothing but water, lots of barley, the finest hops and yeast. When you drink my beer you had better not be worried about adding to that beer belly, you can watch it grow! Some folks have compared certain beers to sex in a canoe....f----- close to water. When you drink my beer its like you joined the mile high club. I'll be there with at least 1 keg and maybe 2 if I can swing it. Let me know what your thirsty for as long as it's not wheaty, fruity, or lite and I'll see what I can do.

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

BruceDow

Post by BruceDow » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:39 am

Keith!!!!

It's great to have you back and hear that you'll be joining us again.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Kieth

Lauren was asking if you were coming. She thinks she remembers something about your Grog! :wink:

Glad you're coming :!:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi Bill,I remember Lauren enjoying some grog, I'll have to bring more just for her! Tell her to bring along the friend she was talking to me about meeting if I ever got out your way and I'll make sure there's plenty of rum for the both of them
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:01 pm

ARRGGGHHH!!!! Grog fer the pirate wenches!!! :twisted: :wink: :shock:

Fabricflyer

Post by Fabricflyer » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:30 pm

Still planning on fixing a couple of Boston Butt Roasts on Sat. Does someone want to bring some buns and fixings to go with them?
I know we have the beer and grog nailed down, but what's on the menu for food? Ttownshaw mentioned salmon and buffalo, and chili was talked about. The Canadians are bringing syrup and coffee for breakfast. Is someone making pancakes and do we need griddles as well as juice and milk? We need to get a little more specific on who's doing what in the food dept ....... .........Or is it that I'm just hungry as I'm sitting here writing this.

Allen

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:08 am

Yes, I am planning on bringing Salmon fillets and a huge Buffalo roast. I am also planning on a Okie Country Breakfast Skillet (eggs, sausage, onion, peppers, and potatoes). Once we get a head count on how many will be there it would probably make sense to come back here and work on the who's cooking what and when.

I checked on the Buffalo this past weekend and the harvest time is now scheduled really close (8 days before Guntersville) for the best range-fed buffalo you could ever imagine. If this doesn't make it in time I'll still bring a really big pike's peak buffalo roast that I ordered from Oklahoma's Farmer Coop as a back-up. With all this food, you probably think I am a big man...nope...just love to cook and eat.

Either way, I am bringing lots of food, an electric skillet, a slow cooker, and maybe a dutch oven. I also planned on bringing pretty much every thing needed to prepare and cook the stuff I bring. Do you need more specifics?

I thought of loading up the pit-roast stuff to bring as well...but this might be too much.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Bob Maskel wrote:
Bill Edmundson wrote:Blue Tarps! Or, What ever color!

Bill
That fire pit thing was the clear ticket too. I don't know who brought that but it sure came in handy!
Falcon won't be there this year :( , but Ed will.

Maybe he can bring the fire pit.

I saw one today at Ace Hdwre and may just go buy it to bring,but it's an open top with a screen....anyone see a problem with this design as the heat will go straight up instead of being deflected to the sides,I just don't want an overhead problem with the ceiling of the pavilion (I know Falcon's would be a better design,but this one is cheap and easier to bring)

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Ok! I'm getting off my C&C.

I'm working on the list. But, it looks like this:

Friday Night:

Kens, Low Country Boil
Me, Brunswick Stew
Ttownshaw: Can we put the Salmon here?Yes Thanks Bill. Bill

Saturday Morning:

Ttownshaw, Country Skillet
I'll come up with coffee pots

Saturday Lunch:

Yours

Saturday Night Barbecue:
Fabricflyer, Boston Butt
Oyster, BBQ
TTownshaw, Buffalo
Bulldogboater, Hush Puppies
Leftover Brunswick Stew

Sunday Breakfast:

Bruce Dow & Mr Hot Rod, Canadian Breakfast

Misc:

Upspirate, Cups, plates, ... logistics
Oyster, "common" beverages
Kens, Beer
Me, morning coffee and hot water (for tea or hot chocolate)
Kieth, GROG and home brew
Bulldogboater, muscadine wine

I'll get this better organized. I think we're a little week in the mornings and Saturday night sides.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:04 pm

Sounds good to me!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Fabricflyer

Post by Fabricflyer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:58 pm

I've got a ten cup coffee maker if needed. just say the word.

Return to “Gathering 2009”