Food - Let's talk about food HERE

BruceDow

Re: Food - Let's talk about food HERE

Post by BruceDow » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:50 am

Thanks for the great recap.

Put me down for some Canadian Beer and Niagara Ice Wine. (bringing it, not just drinking it)

Remember the Boy Scout Troop that is thinking of building a boat? I am not sure if they are planning to come, but if they do, they were thinking of setting up a fundraising BBQ on Saturday lunch (selling hot dogs and hamburgers and drinks near the waterfront).
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

jamundsen

Post by jamundsen » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:15 am

If paper goods are needed I can bring them. Let me know what you think I should get and quantities.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:59 am

John

Thanks. Please, get with upspirate (Warren Oatman) on this. He is also bring supplies. I know we'll have plenty. But, we don't need to haul a bunch of stuff there and back home.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:15 am

Bill,

That's why I'm sending all the left-overs home with you. :D
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Not a food topic,but does anyone have a firepit? I went to buy a portable one that was on sale & folded up,but they were sold out.

The only ones I can find are very expensive(I really have no use for one otherwise) and require assembly and are quite big( I am limited on my room in the vehicle too).

last year the one brought by Falcon went over real big in the night temps at the pavilion.

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:44 pm

I spoke to Jimmy today and he still says that he is coming. Between now and then I will get mine to him as so you will have one one way or the other. Its not that big and will measure it tommorrow and let you know if its close to what you are thinking about. Or better yet maybe post a shot and let you decide..

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:51 pm

It doesn't matter how big if someone else brings it,I just don't have room for a big one!!!

Thanks for letting Jimmy bring it if he has room.

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:56 pm

I was attempting to combine a bunch of meatheads and boats, all wrapped up in one package if we do the short week and then return home so that it would not be a hardship or burden on anyone.

vupilot

Post by vupilot » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:12 pm

I can bring a fire-pit but I wont be there friday night. We are arriving saturday morning. It is not large, maybe 30 inches square but its small enough I could transport it and use it saturday night. Just tell me yes or no.

-Chris

jamundsen

Post by jamundsen » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Can you guys describe this firepit and I will pick one up>
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:39 pm

The firepit is taken care of, thanks.

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:01 pm

The beer will be brewing tomorrow. I'm making a rye pale ale that should satisfy most beer drinkers....for all you lite beer drinkers, I'll also bring some water. :lol:
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Okay guys, does four flats of sodas=waters, which makes that around 96 to 100 single size beverages sound right or do we need more? Whats say the veterans consider to be fine? Any need for the liter ones too? Talk, talk, talk, when do we eat? :wink:

upspirate

Post by upspirate » Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm not hungry, we just filled up on crab!! :mrgreen: :wink:

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:02 pm

The beer is brewed and in the fermenter. In a couple of weeks I'll fill a keg and add some co2 to it. It should be good and ready by the Gathering. You folks better get there early though, I can work up a serious thirst while sailing. I may have time to make up another batch before we get out there, the next one would be an IPA if I get it ready.
See you there

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Return to “Gathering 2009”