Food - Let's talk about food HERE

Oyster

Re: Food - Let's talk about food HERE

Post by Oyster »

IF??????? better not be in your vocabulary. :wink: :twisted: :P Just kidding,,,,, Since I also belong to PETA, I will do my part to sample any and all native meats. I like samplers of unfamliar territory.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Hey, that's on my "to do" list for next year. Sharpening my archery skills at present @!

In Lander Wyoming the Elk are like Coloradans..there are everywhere !!

Steve

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Oyster wrote:IF??????? better not be in your vocabulary. :wink: :twisted: :P Just kidding,,,,, Since I also belong to PETA, I will do my part to sample any and all native meats. I like samplers of unfamliar territory.

You are safe - I just spoke to the packing house. He is cutting us a batch of steaks about an inch thick. I can pick it up on Monday and will need to buy another freezer. Between the butcher, taxidermist and new freezer this guy is getting expensive.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

leakcheck wrote:Hey, that's on my "to do" list for next year. Sharpening my archery skills at present @!

In Lander Wyoming the Elk are like Coloradans..there are everywhere !!

Steve

This my 5th elk and by far the largest. I don't believe I can top 368 inches. So next year will be axis deer is S. Texas, Stag in New Zealand (? or 2011) and Caribou in Prudoe Bay, AK. I learned today that the caribou have to be taken with a bow in this area so my trusty "Gertrude" will have to stay home. She may disown me for leaving her :lol:
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Wow, I am sure glad he came thru and you posted. I was unable to hold my breath much longer. :lol: Talking about freezers, we did just the same thing for fish and shrimp this year to offset some of the increasing food prices and the lack of good quality and local goodies. Regulations and restrictions on dockages has forced several generations of watermen to give it up.

The foreign prices of farmed stuff which I do not eat or even purchase an ounce of the junk also has forced many on the sidelines. People that know no better or really have never known any difference continue to be drawn to the washed out junk.

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Absolutely understood and it is a crying shame. And "they" think they are helping us with all the regulations.

Now, I have really really enjoyed the interaction with a lot of ya'll and looking forward to next week. See ya soon!! (without Gertrude)
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw »

Great news, good news, and bad news!

The deep freeze in the garage took a dump sometime over the weekend so I lost a lot of my Salmon...think I'm down to about 10 lbs from the freezer in the house...but will bring what I have...that's the bad news.

Good news...just got the call from the butcher and he is processing the buffalo so the buffalo roast is absolutely a go.

Great news...In spite of a crappy economy, my business in the tanker, and my Sooners trying to hold on to any thread of hope of beating the longhorns...I am still coming to G'ville.

Can't wait!

FYI, I tried to schedule another European Pheasant shoot before G'ville but the dates just didn't work...so I'll be hosting a 300 bird shoot on Nov 9th. Too bad as them Pheasants are good eatin'. BTW "good eatin'" is okie slang for tasty.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

kens

Post by kens »

Owasso? Is that close to Lawton?
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw »

Lawton is a good 3 hours away...south southwest of OKC. Owasso is about 20 minutes north of Tulsa.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw »

Although, I've been to Lawton many times. My grand father was pastor there years ago. And it's only about an hour from Norman...that's where you will find me whenever my sooners are playing at home.
Bill

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

Alright Bill - you are only 3 hours away. I have the deep fryer - best dang bird there is to fry.
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw »

Actually, you are about halfway to the site of the shoot...Baxter Springs, KS...just outside of Miami, OK.
Bill

DaveLott

Post by DaveLott »

ttownshaw wrote:Actually, you are about halfway to the site of the shoot...Baxter Springs, KS...just outside of Miami, OK.

Bill, I am in Branson, you are now only 2 hours out at Miami, OK

dave
Dave

Glen-L Sea Kayak

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Damn! You guys have been busy!

I got the coffee pot! Forty cups coffee and 20 cups water for hot chocolate or tea.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Okay last chance saloon here,

Firepit, some firewood, some frozen and nasty tasting BBQ, some will say, sodas, bottled water, canned beer,[yes diluted crap for you Cannuks] :lol: A truckload of opinions, a pound puppie and the most accomadating woman that qualifies for the title of sainthood on this planet!!!!!!!!!! Oh I almost forgot. I have been working really hard to get all the trophies done to bring for the group. Yep everyone gets a trophy, not to be outdone by the Oscars, made of 24 ct. materials no less.

If you need anything else from me, let me know.

Return to “Gathering 2009”