Agenda for the Weekend

upspirate

Re: Agenda for the Weekend

Postby upspirate » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:58 am

I had both my TNT's over 70MPH....on the interstate.

Stable too....no porpoising!!! :wink: :lol:

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:27 am

I don't want to dampen a fun diversion to this thread, bu for the record...

I was just as serious about the Hot Rod attempt at the speed record as I was serious about having a "Tubby Tug Bumper Boat Challenge".

In case I caused any confusion... I WAS joking...
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:31 am

well a speed record would be cool, from the pictures I've seen of the lake it looks like there is a lot of room there to step on the gas and see what it has. BUT it would need to be very very smooth for that. Possibly first thing in the morning or just before sunset. I couldn't think of a better thing to wake up to then a small block Chev revving to the stratosphere making a full power run. AWESOME, to say the least 8)

Bring it on Mr Hot Rod, bring it on 8)

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:34 am

Bruce Dow wrote:I don't want to dampen a fun diversion to this thread, bu for the record...

I was just as serious about the Hot Rod attempt at the speed record as I was serious about having a "Tubby Tug Bumper Boat Challenge".

In case I caused any confusion... I WAS joking...

Well Bruce,

I don't see a problem with speed trials at the Gathering...maybe a portable GPS that can be used boat to boat in case people want to know just what she'll do(as long as safety is kept in mind),but I don't think this would be any different than the way most people run their boats occasionally.

This should be run both directions to compensate for wind and current.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:36 am

Nova SS wrote:well a speed record would be cool, from the pictures I've seen of the lake it looks like there is a lot of room there to step on the gas and see what it has. BUT it would need to be very very smooth for that. Possibly first thing in the morning or just before sunset. I couldn't think of a better thing to wake up to then a small block Chev revving to the stratosphere making a full power run. AWESOME, to say the least 8)

Unfortunately,We got used to an early morning pass or two from Butch and Paula's big block,but they won't be here this year

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:53 am

upspirate wrote:
Nova SS wrote:well a speed record would be cool, from the pictures I've seen of the lake it looks like there is a lot of room there to step on the gas and see what it has. BUT it would need to be very very smooth for that. Possibly first thing in the morning or just before sunset. I couldn't think of a better thing to wake up to then a small block Chev revving to the stratosphere making a full power run. AWESOME, to say the least 8)

Unfortunately,We got used to an early morning pass or two from Butch and Paula's big block,but they won't be here this year

big blocks are cool too. Just a little different sound from them. But you get one set up right so it can rev to the moon and stay together well your got a sweet sounding machine on your hands. One thats guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

Return to “Gathering 2009”