Registration Update... three weeks away

BruceDow

Registration Update... three weeks away

Postby BruceDow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi all.

We currently have 33 confirmed parties (about 70 people) bringing 25 or so boats. Additionally, there are still several "maybes", and a number of additional "casual" visitors who plan to drop by to see us on Saturday afternoon.

From a boat perspective... in addition to the usual assortment of runabouts, skiffs, cruisers, and sailboats, there will be a good number of "first time" appearances that I am looking forward to seeing:

- A Malahini
- A Bo Jest
- A Hot Rod
- A Ski King
- And... drumroll..... Thinwater will bring one or two of his hovercrafts

Note to the "Maybes"... I would LOVE to see a Jet Squirt, a Flying Saucer, and a hopped up Monaco on our list of boats this year... as we get closer, please let me know if you can confirm.

There is plenty of room, and all are welcome. If anyone else is interested in coming by, please drop me a PM, and I can get you registered.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Dave Grason

Re: Registration Update... three weeks away

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:01 pm

And I'm bringing my unfinished Z-z-zip.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 am

I think it would be nice if more would participate in the thread showing pictures of the actual boats. Come out of the closet guys.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=8353

hartley

Postby hartley » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:23 am

Hey there,

We are thinking of Coming up Sunday is it to late to register we would to bring out Tuffy just finished a few months ago, we just found about this!

We are located in Atlanta so it should not be to much of a drive gotto go look at a map!

Hartley

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:41 pm

So... the Tuffy would be another "first time seen at the Gathering" event.

I also heard today from a builder who is bringing a self-designed sport hydroplane powered by a 220HP, 1.8L Intercooled Yamaha jet. (Yikes!!!)
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Hartley

Sunday you need to come early to the Lake Cabins! People start heading home mid morning. Saturday is the big day.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:21 pm

Cant wait to see them all. Especially Daves Zip.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Ah Jeez, now the pressure's on......... :roll:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:13 am

Dave Grason wrote:Ah Jeez, now the pressure's on......... :roll:

I like it. Can't wait to view you guys pieces of artwork. All you big guns are doing all the stressing out. I will have my little "pound puppy". As with my pound puppies or even pitbulls, no matter what, a pitbull with lipstick is still a pitbull that only a mother or a father could sometimes love. And thats the way it is here. :lol: :lol:

BulldogBoater

Postby BulldogBoater » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:56 pm

My Jet Squirt is definately coming. It might not be water ready, I will be taking it down to the wire. But either way, Me and "Half Vast" will be there.

KB
"I'm not trying to get it perfect. I'm trying to get it finished!"
www.tubbytug.com

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:13 am

Still don't know if my antique Chum is going to make it or not...just finished rebuilding the outer stem and still got work to do on the hull before fiberglassing. It's going to be close.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:27 am

Well folks I may have to sit this years event out. I was just laid off from my job and it's been really hard to find a new one. I was looking forward to seeing everyone again and getting out on the water but unless I find work really soon I'll have to just wait for the photos to show up on the website.
I hope everyone has a good time and I'll look forward to seeing you all in 2010

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:52 am

I am sorry to hear this Keith. You are just another number in the other hundreds of thousands that have taken the hit with no signs of life in the new future for sure. I would be glad to pick you up if you wish and you can join us if you see fit to do so.

terrymc

Postby terrymc » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Bruce,

I'm not going to be able to make it...you don't know how it pains me to say that, but it's the way it is. For many years I've been a "house captain" for a volunteer organianization called Rebuilding Together - they fix houses for people who own their own home but can't maintian it it either due to finances or physical infirmaty. National Rebuilding Day is 10/24, and I've been torn between comming to the gathering, or doing my "rebuilding thing". Then a couple of days ago, my wife got an invitation to her uncle's 90th birthday party on the 25th, and that kind of pushed it over then edge to "we gotta be in California". Maybe next year. Hope everybody has a great time - wish I could make it and bring the jet squirt...

Peace,

TRM

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:55 am

Sorry to hear this but thanks for your kind deeds.

Return to “Gathering 2009”