New to this event - is there camping what is the cost?

dadolson

New to this event - is there camping what is the cost?

Postby dadolson » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:52 am

I'm new to this just happened to find it....need to google the map to find relative to Lancaster, South Carolina where I live.

I have created asimple Jon boat,, building another right now for that matter and wanted to get some ideas for a new project when I ran across the advertisement.

Is there camping at the location where this is taking place, and what is the particiaption/entry fee?

Dave dolson

Bill Edmundson

Re: New to this event - is there camping what is the cost?

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:13 am

Dave

There's a Giant campground. It's about 3/4 mile from the Lake Cabins and right next to the area we use on Saturday! It's lakeside and has all levels of camping.

Click on "the Gathering" link on the left or on the intro page. There is a link to Alabama State Parks for information.

Bill

Oh :!: And, Welcome :!: http://www.alapark.com/LakeGuntersville/Camping/ Try this.
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:59 am

... There is probably a cost for camping, (you can get that from the Lake Guntersville State Park website) but there is no specific cost for visiting us at the Gathering.

Some of the volunteer organizers incur nominal expenses to put the event on (e.g.: renting the common pavillion). We normally get those expenses reimbursed by passing the "tin cup" or holding some sort of raffle. I don't have the exact count, but I am pretty sure that these expenses work out to well under ten dollars a head... probably around five.

We'd love to have you there and see your boat.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

dadolson

Postby dadolson » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:23 pm

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WELCOME AND INFO....
Will try to have the new one done by then...
I got one built already... but the expoxy is flaking off...looks pretty bad but still floats with no leaks (or at least iddidfloat with no leaks)

Either way I might try and make it there...

Dave
Attachments
_0003.jpg
_0002.jpg
_0001.jpg

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Bruce Dow wrote:... There is probably a cost for camping, (you can get that from the Lake Guntersville State Park website).

That's where several of us have stayed the past 2 years. Last year the price was $11 per night for a tent site. The bathrooms were clean and there were showers in all of them. There are many sites with electrical/water hookups also and a pumpout station at the exit. Very nice campgrounds.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:23 pm

There appears to be enough boats even though the bulk of the boats have not been posted in the designated thread in this section as we would have hoped that they would have been. So even if you only come for the social aspect of it, there will be plenty of stuff to do.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:10 pm

I really like your jon boat. That is way cool. Do bring it if you can.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 am

If anyone is still considering at the last minute to come and needs half a cabin, another member that was sharing one with us has also canceled. Let me know if you wish.

Return to “Gathering 2009”