Almost First Report

Bill Edmundson

Almost First Report

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:20 pm

If you weren't there, YOU MADE A BIG MISTAKE :!:

Off and on all week river cruising by some of our group.

Friday, most everyone started arriving! Great fun to be there as people came in, so you could really check out their boats. Dinner was great! Low Country Boil, Salmon & Brunswick Stew. Nobody went hungry. But, the food was wiped out.

Saturday morning breakfast was anchored by Miss Connie and Dave Grason. To say anyone did it all would be a lye. Everey body jumped in to help with everything. So, I'll limit the names.

Everybody looked over boat on Saturday morning. About 10:30 we moved to the beach pavillion area. We were blocked from the main boat ramp area, because of a bunch of fly boys with sea planes. But, some of the group already had Plan B in place.

Saturday lunch was provided by Glen-L. Great BBQ.

The best part for me was Saturday afternoon. With the Videographer that Gayle hire we put, I think It was 10 boats ont he water at the same time. I can't wait to see this!

Saturday night, we had BBQ, Elk Buffalo, Graet side dishes... A lot of fun awards and good memories of the day! And special music, just for us, Debbie Oatman and daughters and Dave Grason.

Thanks, Debbie for the B'day cake and to all for the card.

Sunday breakfast, was anchored by our Canadians, as usual. But, a big help was our Girl Scout leader with multiple stove making an assemble line out of the process.

So much went on that there is no way for me to cover it all.

Thanks to Kens for picking up the kegs.

We raised enough money to cover the kegs, pavilion and awards. And we have sed money for next year!

Gayle thanks for bringing Alan.

Ther will be lots more to come on this!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Oyster

Re: Almost First Report

Postby Oyster » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:56 pm

Well I found the way back and will need to catch my breath. But thanks to the seasoned guys from the previous get together for showing their hospitility for the newbies and sharing some banter with numerous other fine folks from across the vast lands.. I have yet to weigh but I burnt more gas coming home for sure from massive non stop eating marathon. !!! :oops: T

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:13 pm

One thing I did NOT mention. We have pictures of Gayle at the helm of Paul Kane's "Hot Rod"! Don't give her the keys unless you mean it!

Bill

PS: It may be weeks before gets the tangles out of her hair!
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Lewis Barrett

Postby Lewis Barrett » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:17 am

WOW! THAT WAS FUN :D

My little girl thought our "FLY BY" was so cool 8) She talked about it all night.

Can't wait till next year.

David

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:34 pm

So many more "thank you's" that I can't think of them all....

UPSPirate for bringing all of the supplies... everyone who brought food and drink... folks helping around the dock... people who donated stuff for the FUNdraising draw (great tools from BC Saw and the "PuzzleFish" from Allen B.)... everyone who contributed to the draw to provide the seed funding for next year's Gathering... Bill and Lauren for "hosting" and organizing the awards... Dave Grason for FINALLY letting me work on his boat... Ken for inspiring and organizing the trip to Chattanooga... Nik for preparing and presenting a great slide show of the photos and videos... Krugwaffle, Debbie, Ashley, Jessica and Dave for the live music... Oyster and Griz for bringing the fire pit and heater to keep us warm... Glen-L for supplying the lunch on Saturday...

The list goes on and on. What have I missed?
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Bruce Dow wrote:So many more "thank you's" that I can't think of them all....

UPSPirate for bringing all of the supplies... everyone who brought food and drink... folks helping around the dock... people who donated stuff for the FUNdraising draw (great tools from BC Saw and the "PuzzleFish" from Allen B.)... everyone who contributed to the draw to provide the seed funding for next year's Gathering... Bill and Lauren for "hosting" and organizing the awards... Dave Grason for FINALLY letting me work on his boat... Ken for inspiring and organizing the trip to Chattanooga... Nik for preparing and presenting a great slide show of the photos and videos... Krugwaffle, Debbie, Ashley, Jessica and Dave for the live music... Oyster and Griz for bringing the fire pit and heater to keep us warm... Glen-L for supplying the lunch on Saturday...

The list goes on and on. What have I missed?

Probably lots,but let's just say thanks to all that showed up and thanks to all that helped in whatever capacity they participated!!

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:One thing I did NOT mention. We have pictures of Gayle at the helm of Paul Kane's "Hot Rod"! Don't give her the keys unless you mean it!

Bill

I know I am stealing Mr. Hot Rod's thunder, but here's a sneak peak at that one....

Photo credit: Nik V.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Yes, thanks to all for making this happen. I had a great time and will be there next year!

Currently, I'm looking for the dog that ate my boat and will make him pay. Thanks to for the boat rides this year...hopefully I will be returning the favor next year.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:55 pm

That damn dog ate mine too!!

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:09 pm

Bruce Dow wrote:
Bill Edmundson wrote:One thing I did NOT mention. We have pictures of Gayle at the helm of Paul Kane's "Hot Rod"! Don't give her the keys unless you mean it!

Bill

I know I am stealing Mr. Hot Rod's thunder, but here's a sneak peak at that one....

Photo credit: Nik V.

THAT is an awesome picture of Pauls Hot Rod..oh ya...Gayle too :wink: :lol:

Boy they look like they're having a blast 8)

BTW that picture is now my desktop on the 'puter

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:13 pm

I have to say that this was the best Gathering yet! It's true that they keep getting better each year! Thank you so much to everyone who participated with food, cleanup, brought boats and showed up. I know I already said it, but boatbuilders are by far the best folks around and I mean that! As I was driving into work today I thought about how if all the midwest people moved to California, life would be perfect! Great people, great weather...

Anyway, John and Allyn & I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The ride on Paul's Hot Rod was definitely the highlight for me. That boat is one sweet ride. It's crazy fast and Paul kept telling me that we never ran it full throttle, just about half. I think full throttle might just take my head off! The amazing thing is that it is such a smooth ride. Paul would get it going in this real sweet spot and then he'd hit the throttle and it literally felt like we were flying. I love it!

I had a great ride on Dwaine's Skiiiiii Kiiiiing, Bill's Tahoe, Kenny's Glen-L 14, Bob's Sea Knight, Ray's famous Cabin Skiff--got to drive that one too. Did I miss anyone? Once again, I didn't get a ride in Bruce Dow OR Dave Barrett's Monacos--bummer. I also really would have liked to ride in Allen's Squirt and Sam & Brenda's Malahini. So, next year okay? Oh, and I'll be gentle... :D

Not sure about the Super Spartan--I'm not as brave as the Anderson boy. I know there were other boats that I would have loved to ride in--those hover craft looked like fun...

Seeing 10 boats all out on the water at the same time made me cry--seriously! What a rush. As usual, I lack for words to describe how it feels to see all of my father's designs come to life through each of you. The creativity displayed with each boat is just awesome. For example Griz's Dragonfly--wow! I missed a ride in that one too... but the woodworking on his boat was mind boggling. I showed Glen the photos that Vic sent home with us and he was very impressed with all of the fine workmanship exhibited in your boats.

Anyway, a big 'ole bear hug for all of you. I'll let everyone know when the video is ready--can't wait to see it! Thanks again everyone from the very bottom of my heart...
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Oh, one more thing--who reserved all the cabins and chalets for next year?
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Just got off the phone with them...I owe them another call in the morning to hopefully fix the problem. There's a wedding the same weekend and some things need to be shifted around. I'll post my findings first thing in the morning.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Gary McCusker

Postby Gary McCusker » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Well everyone nicely done. Got to hook back up w/ some people from G-1 and meet some even more interesting people at G-3. And for all of You that are viewing this lovely event, but couldn't make it this year event,Dave Lott and I are now the best of friends and he did not feed me to The Swine.Thudpucker and Oyster I'm still laughing!! Really sweet music also!!!!! I'll have my PIPES next year. Never mind my Critics!! My mouth is still watering from The Elk, Buffalo,Salmon feast we had.That STEAM WHISTLE BEER that those lovely people brought from North of the Border was to die for!!!! Very and I mean Very upset I am that Bill did not even save US a smell of his Stew (just kidding,still luv Ya) . Thank God Kens held off on The LOW BOIL till my family and I got there Friday night!!!! To everyone else GREAT JOB ON REALLY GOOD FOOD!!!! My wife,Mom and Dad had a great time!!!! I think my Dad has a new friend in Mr. DOW!!!! All of The Craftsmanship in this years boats was great!!!! My Dad and I really enjoyed GRIZ'S DRAGON FLY!!!!!!! Loved the SAIL BOATS.... NICELY DONE. I honestly think all Mr. HOTROD is going to need is that 283ci in HIS Machine. I sincerely hope that as A Group we can continue to keep The Spirit of this event Joyous,Friendly and Family oriented for a very LONG TIME. McCLLLLLLusker (McCusker)

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:09 pm

McCLLLLLLusker

I was trying to save some stew for you. I was swinging a wood spoon right and left. Then a laydle took me out!

I should do better. My mother was a Maxwell.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2009”