Almost First Report

upspirate

Re: Almost First Report

Postby upspirate » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:23 am

John,I missed you guys too,I thought you were called away by some problem,but Debbie said she talked to your wife for a while.

Some more new ones I missed!!! :( :roll:

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Damm! that shot Gale at the throttle of Hot Rods boat is Bitchen decks or not! Wish I was there. :(

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Jim,

I'm so sorry I didn't meet you. I know that I'm guilty of not getting around to meet everyone and I apologize to all that I didn't get a chance to talk to. I've sent a couple of emails to some of you that I know I missed. I realized later that I spent a whole lot of time riding in boats and as a result didn't get as much opportunity to socialize.

This event is all planned and carried out by these wonderful men on our Forum with tremendous assistance from their wives and families. It started out as a casual gathering of a some folks and just keeps getting bigger each year. Perhaps we just aren't growing with infrastructure as quickly as the event is. We are learning and certainly hope you'll give us another chance.

I can certainly say that the folks that come to our Gatherings are some of the most friendly people I've ever met in my life--I'm constantly amazed by that...
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:33 pm

Mark Chadwick wrote:[This line should read Mark Anderson and family and the very cool hydro.

You can add " Lori & Mark Chadwick and the very cool Bull's Eye" if you like.
:lol:

That's IT!! Somehow I knew that didn't sound right. :oops: I'm suffering from "New Name Overload!" :lol:

Yes, it was MARK ANDERSON AND FAMILY that brought the little hydro all the way from Canada. .....blonde wife and cool kid that got the submarine award.

(sigh) There are just too many Marks, Mikes, Daves etc. :roll:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:50 pm

(sigh) There are just too many Marks, Mikes, Daves etc.
:lol: And, Bills.

I know, I CAN BE A JERK! But, Daddy always said, "If you're good at something ...Do It!" :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Bill you are only the biggest jerk because I wasn't there !!! :lol:
Steve :roll:

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:40 pm

And please don't anyone be offended if Gayle did not get a chance to speak to you..I was there for all three days of the very first Gathering and she never said a word to me ! And on top of that she made it a point to hug each and every member before they left...oh wait....except ONE !!! :cry: :?

Steve

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:59 pm

As first timers. My wife and I checked in the hotel in G-ville and then drove straight to the cabins at 9:00 at night friday, not knowing if we could even get access to that area. I was nervous that I might be crashing a party since we were not staying in a cabin but as soon as we got out of the car at the cabins we were greeted by Dave Grason who quickly introduced us to Warren and Bruce and from then on we just went around introducing ourselves and asking what boat each person was building or came with. You get what you put into these things. Only a handful of people there knew ANYONE else before the weekend.

When we saw Gayle the next morning I waited until she wasnt surrounded and introduced myself as a Zip builder. From then on when we crossed paths she asked a lot of questions to my wife and I.

My wife and I commented all the way home about how enjoyable everyone was.

Im sorry that we missed some people but with a lot of casual bystanders around simply introducing yourself as a ______ builder/owner or prospective builder is all you need to get the ball rolling and stand out from the crowd.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Vupilot,

It was great meeting you and your wife...would have loved to have been able to talk more. Thanks for bringing the photo album of your build! Hopefully we will both be towing boats next year.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:25 pm

ttownshaw,

You look much younger in person!
Great to meet you too, I just hope I am done in time to fully test the Zip before next years Gathering. I'll have to work hard. I hope to bring my Dad with us next year.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:55 am

We need to make it a rule that all new splashings need to be at The Gatherings!!!LOL :wink: :D

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:29 am

I won't be able to wait that long.........
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

John B

Postby John B » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:03 am

leakcheck wrote:And please don't anyone be offended if Gayle did not get a chance to speak to you..I was there for all three days of the very first Gathering and she never said a word to me ! And on top of that she made it a point to hug each and every member before they left...oh wait....except ONE !!! :cry: :?

Steve

Yeah, Steve, but you've got to admit she kept her eyes on you... she has an instinct about certain kinds of men! :roll:

How's your son doing? Still at Pepperdine?

I really hope you'll be at the next Gathering - they're just not the same without you!
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:40 pm

There is no doubt, she is a SMART woman !!! :lol: :twisted:

Ryan has graduated from Pepperdine and is working with Gary Sinese(?) He's a whackjob too!! (Ryan I mean)

I hope to make the next one too, actually I would just like to start a boat for crying out loud.

Glad you guys all had a great time this year, it sure looked like a great bunch and a great time...I probably would have been there but I heard McClusker was going to be there...and there ain't room enough in Alabama for both of us...(We get crowded out by Bills big head!)

Steve
:P :P

Return to “Gathering 2009”