Gathering 2009 pics

Friday Off

Re: Gathering 2009 pics

Postby Friday Off » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:42 am

upspirate wrote:Friday,welcome and thanks for the link....unfortunately,it takes me to 404error page!!

Check link and repost please??

Try this instead:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Cedarhill.w ... Gathering#

I was at work when I posted this and wasn't able to check te link because photo hosting sites are blocked. Sorry.

Nova SS

Postby Nova SS » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:45 am

Friday Off wrote:
upspirate wrote:Friday,welcome and thanks for the link....unfortunately,it takes me to 404error page!!

Check link and repost please??

Try this instead: http://picasaweb.google.com/Cedarhill.w ... Gathering#

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing :)

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks vupilot!

I'll get mine loaded over the next day or so. Still recovering from the 18 hour drive...should have been about 12 hours but things went awry around Little Rock. It sure would have been helpful if I had my cell phone...that dang Lake Guntersville stole it.

I called it and Neptune answered. He said thanks for leaving the phone for him.

Anyway, had a great time! Thanks to everyone for contributing.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:48 pm

So what happened near little rock?

Neptunes relatives have really jumped onto the latest technology in recent years. Some how they seem to only stay about 6 months behind the times.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:22 am

ttownshaw wrote:...should have been about 12 hours but things went awry around Little Rock..

I don't know what happened to you, but Miss Connie and I lost a front wheel off the van just south of Franklin Tennessee. Apparently, the front lugs worked their way loose and all of sudden there was a huge vibration followed by the van losing its steering, smoke and sparks everywhere and lots of adrenaline. I got it off of the road and onto the shoulder. All the wheel studs were sheared off. I walked back and found my front wheel about a quarter of a mile back. Called AAA and got a ride home. Later than night, I replaced the brake rotor and had everything back like it was before. There wasn't any body damage, the tire had a couple of little cuts, but the running board on the van got totally trashed. All in all, we were VERY fortunate. It could have been MUCH worse.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 am

That was on the way home?

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:44 am

Yes. Miss Connie said she was sure glad I was the one doing the driving. She was convinced that she'd have lost it and we would have had a crash. I can't say for sure because it happened so fast. I just eased off on the gas, applied very little braking and started nudging it torward the shoulder and we made it.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:51 am

Bud - you were being watched over :D
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:42 am

Yikes!!! Glad it turned out OK

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:57 am

Wow Dave...near miss huh? Glad you are okay!

I was run off the hwy near Little Rock and ended up stuck in mud for a good 4 hours. Dang lady talkin' on her cell phone was speeding (had to have been going close to 100), changed lanes directly in front of me, then locked up her brakes. So the split second decision was to "take her out", swerve all over the road causing a huge pile-up, or take it into the ditch. Anyway, you know you can't really brake going 65 on wet grass so I ended up a couple hundred feet off the road and landed in the one muddy spot around me...lucky me. No one stopped to help or even see if there was an injury. Lot's of fun.

This is one time I was really glad not to be towing a boat!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:01 am

Glad things turned out with no damage or injury.

I see that stuff every night...Bob Maskel does too.

Mark Chadwick

Postby Mark Chadwick » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:47 am

Wow! I thought I had my problems with trailer lights on the way down. Nothing compared to these two incidents.

Glad to hear everyone is safe!

Mark

Jimmy70

Postby Jimmy70 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:28 am

Sure sounds like two lucky guys with those incidents happening. Dave I was wondering if someone tried to steal a tire and got scared and took off with the lug nuts loose. I had this happen to a friend of mine and luckly he had a locking key lug nut so they only got 4 of the nuts off but he sheared off 3 of the lugs on a mountain road coming to work.

Yep, those damn cell phones will get most of us in trouble one way or another and glad to hear that you missed her as I think you took the right choice of getting around her. But the sad thing is not one damn soul stopped either, that is what is happening in the USA, no one cares anymore or at least it sure seems that away.
Jimmy
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

John B

Postby John B » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:36 pm

The Official Glen-L Gathering 2009 Photo Album is now available for your viewing pleasure!
http://www.glen-l.com/picboards/picboard2009gathering/gallery1/landing.html
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Return to “Gathering 2009”