Photos of 2009 Gathering

John B

Photos of 2009 Gathering

Postby John B » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:34 pm

To all:

Please email copies of all of your Gathering pictures to me ( John@Glen-L.com ) in the best resolution that you have.

I am in the process of setting up a photo album on the Glen-L website of the 2009 Gathering, and I'd like to be able to include all of your photos.

Thanks!

-- John
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

vupilot

Re: Photos of 2009 Gathering

Postby vupilot » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:33 pm

I took so many I dont know how to email them all without sending you several emails. Linked below are the best ones I have. I can send you whatever you like from my gallery in full resolution if these are not sharp enough. You are welcome to use any and all of the photos from here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/vupilot/GlenLGathering2009#

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:20 pm

John B wrote:To all:

Please email copies of all of your Gathering pictures to me ( John@Glen-L.com ) in the best resolution that you have.

I am in the process of setting up a photo album on the Glen-L website of the 2009 Gathering, and I'd like to be able to include all of your photos.

Thanks!

-- John

John, I'm putting a CD in the mail tomorrow...I have my photos of the Gathering as well as ones I took of those of us that met in Chattanooga beforehand at the Delta Queen.

John B

Postby John B » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:28 am

vupilot wrote:I took so many I dont know how to email them all without sending you several emails. Linked below are the best ones I have. I can send you whatever you like from my gallery in full resolution if these are not sharp enough. You are welcome to use any and all of the photos from here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/vupilot/GlenLGathering2009#

Please go ahead and send me as many emails as you need to at higher resolutions to John@Glen-L.com .

It would really help out if everyone would just send me jpegs via email, because (due to the nature of our site) pulling photos off of web photo posting sites like picasa just doesn't work out for us.

We'd really like to post EVERYONE's photos on the Glen-L website so that the whole world can share in them with you all, but whenever someone sends us a link to picasa or any of the other similar sites your pictures probably will not get posted on Glen-L.com.

Thanks!

John B

Postby John B » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 am

Bob Maskel wrote:
John B wrote:To all:

Thanks!

-- John

John, I'm putting a CD in the mail tomorrow...I have my photos of the Gathering as well as ones I took of those of us that met in Chattanooga beforehand at the Delta Queen.

Thanks, Bob!!!! Sending a CD is a great way to get your jpegs to us.

I had a GREAT time visiting with you, and especially the long ride on your beautifully crafted boat; what was her name...oh, yeah..."(something) Wood"!!!

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 am

Folks- you can use the large file transfer site such as YouSendIt for free. You will need to set up an account for yourself. Files cannot be larger than 100MB. I had to split my pictures into two files. You will need to zip up your file before downloading.

For those that don't know how to do this it is simple. Right click on the folder name that you want to send. In the drop down box that shows up select the "SEND TO" and then select "COMPRESSED FOLDER". This will create a new folder all nicely compressed and ZIPPED up ready for transfer.

The site uploads your files and then sends an email to John for him to download. Best way I know of moving large amounts of data or pics in this case.

Dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:20 am

John,

Ill send you a CD as well then. Youll get it late next week.

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:34 am

I "Think" I sent you my photos last night. Who knows, in this world of Cyber smoke n' mirrors.
If you didn't get anything from me, let me know and I'll make up a DVD and mail it.

Where can we see all the Movies your pro took?
I can only watch that stuff early in the AM or I lose my privileges.

John B

Postby John B » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 am

thudpucker wrote:I "Think" I sent you my photos last night. Who knows, in this world of Cyber smoke n' mirrors.
If you didn't get anything from me, let me know and I'll make up a DVD and mail it.

Where can we see all the Movies your pro took?
I can only watch that stuff early in the AM or I lose my privileges.

I don't think I received anything from you - can you try to email them again to John@Glen-L.com ?

As for the movies, the videographer is still working on them. We'll let you know as soon as they're available.

Mark Chadwick

Postby Mark Chadwick » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi John

Your email account is either maxed out or my attachments are too big. I was using a 10M pixel camera and developed the pictures from RAW format into jpg at 100% quality so each picture is around 8Mb.

I have quite a few good pictures to send.

Any chance Glen-L has access to an FTP server? I'm a little access challenged as I'm in Shanghai China right at the moment. If there is no other way, I'll also burn you a DVD when I get home and send it via snail-mail

Cheers

Mark

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:46 pm

Shanhai?

John, I sent off three emails with 30 photos.

For all you guys, I'd like to know who it was from California that had the long boat with the Electric motor fixed onto the Rudder.
That guy was a real thinker.

I'd also like to know who had the great big CC painted white. It was unfinished, but it sure looked like an offshore fishing boat. It had credibility!

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 pm

thudpucker wrote:Shanhai?

John, I sent off three emails with 30 photos.

For all you guys, I'd like to know who it was from California that had the long boat with the Electric motor fixed onto the Rudder.
That guy was a real thinker.

I'd also like to know who had the great big CC painted white. It was unfinished, but it sure looked like an offshore fishing boat. It had credibility!

The big white one was a Double Eagle, Ken Schott, 'kens' . That is a cool boat if we are thinking of the same one. It was the one the photog used mostly for the on the water shots. Ken built it just exactly for that I think, offshore fishing. it rides like a champ, handles rough water like nothing.

John B

Postby John B » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:22 am

Mark Chadwick wrote:Hi John

Your email account is either maxed out or my attachments are too big. I was using a 10M pixel camera and developed the pictures from RAW format into jpg at 100% quality so each picture is around 8Mb.

I have quite a few good pictures to send.

Any chance Glen-L has access to an FTP server? I'm a little access challenged as I'm in Shanghai China right at the moment. If there is no other way, I'll also burn you a DVD when I get home and send it via snail-mail

Cheers

Mark

Mark, our account is not maxed out, so it must be the size of the attachments.

Just go ahead and send me a DVD when you get the chance, and I'll add your photos to the album.

Thanks!! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:20 am

John, I got my ftp site up and going again. The file is about 87mb so is it okay if I just upload the zip file and send you the link to download it? If not, I'll send you a disc.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

John B

Postby John B » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:08 am

ttownshaw wrote:John, I got my ftp site up and going again. The file is about 87mb so is it okay if I just upload the zip file and send you the link to download it? If not, I'll send you a disc.

Sure, Bill, let's try that. If I have any problems with it I'll let you know.

Thanks!

-- John

Return to “Gathering 2009”