Gathering DVD

Gayle Brantuk

Gathering DVD

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:35 pm

I sent out an email about the new Gathering DVD but thought I'd post info about here too. We are taking pre-orders for a brand spankin' new DVD of the 2009 Gathering. So, if you couldn't make it to the Gathering, this is the next best thing. The DVD isn't in stock yet, but should be here before Christmas. Here's the link for details and to order :o
http://www.boatdesigns.com/prodinfo.asp?number=16-115

We also are taking pre-orders for our 2010 Calendar of Glen-L boats, FYI.
http://www.boatdesigns.com/prodinfo.asp?number=12-010
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Oyster

Re: Gathering DVD

Postby Oyster » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Gayle Brantuk wrote:I sent out an email about the new Gathering DVD but thought I'd post info about here too. We are taking pre-orders for a brand spankin' new DVD of the 2009 Gathering. So, if you couldn't make it to the Gathering, this is the next best thing. The DVD isn't in stock yet, but should be here before Christmas. Here's the link for details and to order :o
http://www.boatdesigns.com/prodinfo.asp?number=16-115

We also are taking pre-orders for our 2010 Calendar of Glen-L boats, FYI.
http://www.boatdesigns.com/prodinfo.asp?number=12-010

Could you get your powers to be that doing the calanders to edit out the towels thats hanging off the sides of the boats? Its like fingernails on a black board even when the teacher was pretty. :wink:

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:18 pm

Good point Oyster, but it's already being printed. I believe those are bumpers--we'll have to remember to bring 'em in next year!
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine

kens

Postby kens » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:07 pm

I just got the DVD! :D :)
Wow!! Great!!
Gayle, I knew you arranged for a guy to take pics, but I had no idea it was gonna be like this. This is just great.
Thanks.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Oyster wrote:Could you get your powers to be that doing the calanders to edit out the towels thats hanging off the sides of the boats? Its like fingernails on a black board even when the teacher was pretty. :wink:

Just saw this...

As the "offending party" who has irritated you by appearing to have committed an egregious boating faux-pas, I do want to state - for the record - that the front fender is removed and the rear two fenders are not flapping... they are rigged to be pulled back for running. I do most of my driving solo, and can't be crawling over the deck every time I want to dock.

This is common practice in my parts.

Sorry to Glen-L if I have disgraced the cover. If there is any good news for those that are irritated, it is that you only look at the cover once. Every other page in the calendar gets displayed for 30 days.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

kens

Postby kens » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Well gee whiz Bruce, at least you didnt get accused of having 'floaties' so that your boat wont sink.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:28 pm

Not really Bruce, across a larger boating area its kinda a standing joke about bumpers hanging on the sides of boats and I am not really offended, just a bit of razzing and you should indeed be proud of your boat and making the front cover. I apologize to you and the forum if my post was taken as a serious jab as that was surely not the intent at all. I did add a winky to the post and I think Gayle responded appropiately. But its also been a standing request from photographers that all lines and equipment are stored away.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:26 pm

Hell! Bruce it looks like CRAP :!: :P

I'd never do that :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:38 am

Bruce,

I couldn't care less if there are bumpers hanging, towels draped, ropes flying or a dead body in the trunk of your boat. It's still AWESOME! Glen-L is proud to have your boat on the cover of our calendar and to be honest, I never even noticed the bumpers--all I see is a beautiful boat that truly makes us proud. Thank you Bruce...

As for the photos. None of these were taken by our videographer--he just did video, not stills. The cover photo was shot by Bob Maskel and the others were sent in by the builders themselves. Thank you to everyone who contributed their photos!
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine

kcooper

Postby kcooper » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:29 pm

Got the DVD delivered by UPS late yesterday evening. What fun to watch and re-live the Gathering! Thanks, Gayle, for arranging to have the video. Maybe it can be a part of the annual event.

Kenny

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:08 pm

Lauren gave me the DVD and Calender for Christmas!

The DVD is a lot of fun except for this ONE section. That one is a little weak.

I guess the Gathering can't get better each year, unless you have something to improve!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:11 am

Bruce Dow wrote: .....appearing to have committed an egregious boating faux-pas....

Now let's just wait a minute, here. :) How many times have we said that the beauty of building your own boat is that you get to build it the way you want. Ergo, once you get it built, can you not then DO what you want with it? I say that with THIS group of boaters, there shouldn't BE any such thing as a faux-pas. I say that Bruce should get some bright red paint, write "go to hell" on each fender and then leave 'em flying. :lol:

Gayle Brantuk wrote: ....Glen-L is proud to have your boat on the cover of our calendar and to be honest, I never even noticed the bumpers--all I see is a beautiful boat that truly makes us proud. Thank you Bruce...

Here's my honest opinion on that cover shot. That's a photo that rivals the beauty of any classic boat on the planet. It's a photo that would have any classic boat owner stopping in his tracks and doing a double take. And you've got to wonder what the classic boating guys must think when they see Bruce's boat: "Why did I sink so much money into resurrecting a relic I can't use when I could've built a brand new modern classic?" I also wonder how many of those guys are actually intimidated into thinking that building a new modern classic is more difficult? Hmmmm.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:56 am

Hey! How come Kens got his first? I wanted one first..... :(

Yes ma'am, I want one.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:38 am

I got the DVD and Calendar for Christmas too.

Return to “Gathering 2009”