G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

User avatar
BruceDow
Posts: 2132
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby BruceDow » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:34 am

Vlad wrote:Thinking of flying my brand new RV to Marion County - Brown Field airport to attend the Gathering. Weather permitting of course. Planning one day only because of work commitment. Is it worth to rent a car for a day or there is an alternative method to get to/from G5?


Vlad... I suggest you start a different topic on this.... How far from Hales Bar is this airport? You might be able to talk some of us into trading a pick up at the airport for a quick sightseeing flight (wink)...
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

User avatar
Vlad
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: NYC and Northern NJ

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby Vlad » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:57 pm

Bruce Dow wrote:
snip


. How far from Hales Bar is this airport? You might be able to talk some of us into trading a pick up at the airport for a quick sightseeing flight (wink)...



Ha, Bruce, I never thought of it. If I make it to G5 I would be glad to give a ride to a boater. The airport is just across the lake I think. 5-6 miles drive.


Image



Image
Squirt - planning stage

User avatar
vupilot
Posts: 3233
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Indy
Contact:

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby vupilot » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:08 pm

That airport is only about 5 miles as the crow flies straight across the river to the north. Would take about 15 minute to drive, Id guess. I wonder if you could even get a rental car dropped off their. If nobody takes you up on your offer of a airplane ride for a car ride, I'll come get ya. Just fly over Hales Bar at about 500' a couple times and wag your wings to announce your arrival as cell phones dont work well there in the river valley.

User avatar
DaveLott
Posts: 3688
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:50 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby DaveLott » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 pm

You're telling me about those cell phones. Had conference call last year and had to go to the end of the pier and hang off to get reception. :shock: :shock:
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

User avatar
Vlad
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: NYC and Northern NJ

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby Vlad » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 pm

vupilot wrote:

....


Just fly over Hales Bar at about 500' a couple times and wag your wings to announce your arrival as cell phones dont work well there in the river valley.



Will do Chris. I will post a tracker link later.
Squirt - planning stage

GregBrown
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:30 am
Location: Starkville, Ms

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby GregBrown » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:42 pm

HEY Dave,
I have rented cabin 26. I wasnt going to come to one of these until I finished the Zip but I cant wait that long! Been following you guys for so long on this forum I just gotta meet everybody and maybe see what my finished boat is going to look like!!

Fabricflyer
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Tylertown, MS

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby Fabricflyer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

Vlad
I'll pick you up if you want. I know where the airport is. I have a Squirt and building an RV7. Another fellow I known may be coming to Marion in his RV also.

Allen

User avatar
Vlad
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: NYC and Northern NJ

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby Vlad » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks Allen. PM sent.
Squirt - planning stage

User avatar
DaveLott
Posts: 3688
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:50 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Contact:

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby DaveLott » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Want to bump - we are only 32 days away

I added the boats to the names so we can see what the riding fare is like.

I am missing a couple of boats types and a couple of you have more than one so I did not know what you are bringing so I have a ????? next to your name. (Hint John B :D )

Floating Cabins
# Type Reserved with
1 Twin Bruce Dow - Monaco
2 Twin Kyle Ellington
3 Single John Amundsen – Monte Carlo
4 Triple Kevin Brown - Jet Squirt
5 Single Rory and Kristin Hamilton – Sea Knight
6 Single Chris Atwood - Zip
7 Single Bill Shaw - Malahini
8 Single Ken Schott – Double Eagle
9 Single Claire and Gord Groenevelt – Double Eagle
10 Single Sam Witherington- Malahini
11 Single David Lott - Riviera
12 Single
13 Single Ted and Lynn Gauthier- Zip
14 Single Neel Thompson- Gentry
15 Single Neel Thompson
16 Single Dale and Gwen Hamilton
17 Triple John and Gayle Brantuk- “justa wishing”
18 Single
19 Triple
20 Single
21 Single Kevin and Kathleen Murphy –Tubby Tug and ?????
22 Single
23 Single
24 Single
25 Single
26 Single David Barrett -Monaco
28 Single Jeff and Julie Hovis


Land Cabins

1 Single
2 Single
3 Twin
4 Single
5 Triple
6 Triple
7 Triple
8 Triple Roberta & Rich Hegy - Zip
9 Triple Bill & Lauren Edmundson & ??? - Tahoe
10 Single
11 Single
12 Single

Others not staying in cabins
Bob Maskel - on water – Sea Knight
Paul Kane - RV - Hot Rid
Keith McLean - on water - Whipporwill
Ray Macke - on water – True Grit???
Allen Blackwell - RV - Squirt
Tom Smitherman - on water – Bo Jest
Butch Barto - RV - Extended Tahoe
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Jawn
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:29 pm
Location: Atlanta area
Contact:

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby Jawn » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:17 pm

FYI

I'm still likely to "drop in" on Saturday for a few hours if that's okay with y'all. :)


User avatar
v-driver
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: Memphis, TN area

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby v-driver » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 am

DaveLott wrote:Want to bump - we are only 32 days away

I added the boats to the names so we can see what the riding fare is like.

I am missing a couple of boats types and a couple of you have more than one so I did not know what you are bringing so I have a ????? next to your name. (Hint John B :D )

Floating Cabins
# Type Reserved with
1 Twin Bruce Dow - Monaco
2 Twin Kyle Ellington
3 Single John Amundsen – Monte Carlo
4 Triple Kevin Brown - Jet Squirt
5 Single Rory and Kristin Hamilton – Sea Knight
6 Single Chris Atwood - Zip
7 Single Bill Shaw - Malahini
8 Single Ken Schott – Double Eagle
9 Single Claire and Gord Groenevelt – Double Eagle
10 Single Sam Witherington- Malahini
11 Single David Lott - Riviera
12 Single
13 Single Ted and Lynn Gauthier- Zip
14 Single Neel Thompson- Gentry
15 Single Neel Thompson
16 Single Dale and Gwen Hamilton
17 Triple John and Gayle Brantuk- “justa wishing”
18 Single
19 Triple
20 Single
21 Single Kevin and Kathleen Murphy –Tubby Tug and ?????
22 Single
23 Single
24 Single
25 Single
26 Single David Barrett -Monaco
28 Single Jeff and Julie Hovis


Land Cabins

1 Single
2 Single
3 Twin
4 Single
5 Triple
6 Triple
7 Triple
8 Triple Roberta & Rich Hegy - Zip
9 Triple Bill & Lauren Edmundson & ??? - Tahoe
10 Single
11 Single
12 Single

Others not staying in cabins
Bob Maskel - on water – Sea Knight
Paul Kane - RV - Hot Rid
Keith McLean - on water - Whipporwill
Ray Macke - on water – True Grit???
Allen Blackwell - RV - Squirt
Tom Smitherman - on water – Bo Jest
Butch Barto - RV - Extended Tahoe


Dave,
Somehow I missed updating you. I am in 1BR Land Cabin #11
Paul Miller, aka V-Driver
Tornado - "Vee-Driven"
Paul Miller in Memphis, TN
"Yeah, I had lunch with him last week at the Cracker Barrel out on I-40."

User avatar
John B
Posts: 530
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:07 am
Location: Bellflower, CA
Contact:

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby John B » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 am

v-driver wrote:
DaveLott wrote:Want to bump - we are only 32 days away

I added the boats to the names so we can see what the riding fare is like.

I am missing a couple of boats types and a couple of you have more than one so I did not know what you are bringing so I have a ????? next to your name. (Hint John B :D )

Floating Cabins
# Type Reserved with
1 Twin Bruce Dow - Monaco
2 Twin Kyle Ellington
3 Single John Amundsen – Monte Carlo
4 Triple Kevin Brown - Jet Squirt
5 Single Rory and Kristin Hamilton – Sea Knight
6 Single Chris Atwood - Zip
7 Single Bill Shaw - Malahini
8 Single Ken Schott – Double Eagle
9 Single Claire and Gord Groenevelt – Double Eagle
10 Single Sam Witherington- Malahini
11 Single David Lott - Riviera
12 Single
13 Single Ted and Lynn Gauthier- Zip
14 Single Neel Thompson- Gentry
15 Single Neel Thompson
16 Single Dale and Gwen Hamilton
17 Triple John and Gayle Brantuk- “justa wishing”
18 Single
19 Triple
20 Single
21 Single Kevin and Kathleen Murphy –Tubby Tug and ?????
22 Single
23 Single
24 Single
25 Single
26 Single David Barrett -Monaco
28 Single Jeff and Julie Hovis


Land Cabins

1 Single
2 Single
3 Twin
4 Single
5 Triple
6 Triple
7 Triple
8 Triple Roberta & Rich Hegy - Zip
9 Triple Bill & Lauren Edmundson & ??? - Tahoe
10 Single
11 Single
12 Single

Others not staying in cabins
Bob Maskel - on water – Sea Knight
Paul Kane - RV - Hot Rid
Keith McLean - on water - Whipporwill
Ray Macke - on water – True Grit???
Allen Blackwell - RV - Squirt
Tom Smitherman - on water – Bo Jest
Butch Barto - RV - Extended Tahoe


Dave,
Somehow I missed updating you. I am in 1BR Land Cabin #11
Paul Miller, aka V-Driver
Tornado - "Vee-Driven"


Dave,

I hope you just "bumped" an old accomodations list; the Brantuk PAR-TAY! is quadruple-confirmed for Floating Cabin #4 - I'm afraid there might be some confusion when we all get there if folks are looking at the "pre-fire" list... :)
-- John
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

User avatar
kens
Posts: 4441
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:25 pm
Location: Coastal Georgia

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby kens » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:23 pm

Wow!! :!:
I am a bit confused. Is the party Saturday, or Fri or Thurs or Wed.??
It is only Tues and I got 2 kegs in the truck with 120lbs ice.
When does the party start? :D :?: :lol:
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

upspirate

Re: G5 - Hales Bar Sept 16-18. 2011

Postby upspirate » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Sounds like you are starting it now!!! :wink: 8) 8)


Return to “Gathering 2011”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests