the Gathering 2012

jeffh

Re: the Gathering 2012

Postby jeffh » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 am

Here is a link to The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge.
http://www.theridgesresort.com/

This is a map of The Ridges property. Dock AA is where the ACBS docked their boats. The green area in the back where it says The Ridges is a grassy parking area. This is where all the boat trailers were parked. If you walk out onto the fishing pier and look straight across the lake about a mile away, you can see our place.
2011 MALAHINI - KICKED IN THE HEAD
I wake up with a 16ft woody every morning :)
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534DBtp1Cnc

switherington

Postby switherington » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:15 am

Ah, yes....Chatuge....We spent many summers on Chatuge. The water is so clear, it's like Perrier. You can see the white bubbles arround the prop....Not on inboards. :wink:
Eating an elephant is best done one bite at a time.

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 am

That look's really nice!!! Will they have docks reserved for us?

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:41 am

Hi Roberta,
Each guest room gets a complimentary 24ft covered boat slip. The ACBS had all their boats on Dock AA. I assume that is the dock they use for most of the guests. The fuel dock is right next to it also. For people who don't bring a boat, they rent boats. I've never stayed there, but we have walked around and we take the boat over to the Yacht Club for lunch sometimes. There is a covered pavilion by dock A and AA. That is where ACBS was set up on Saturday. I'm going to give their events planner a call just to see what their rates are for this kind of thing.

gstanfield

Postby gstanfield » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:13 am

I like the sound of Chatuge. Our plan is to finally be out of Wyoming and back in Georgia by this fall sometime so we'd be there next year easy. We'll be just up the road, most likely in White county.

George
I Peter 2:17

steveh41

Postby steveh41 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

Looks like a beautiful place. Loved the pics of classic boats!

Wasn't aware that "Deliverance" was filmed in the area :lol:
The longest journey begins with a single step… then repeat as necessary!

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 pm

I called The Ridges today and spoke with an event planner. They have hosted the ACBS for over 20yrs and have their event down to a science. They were more than happy to potentially host another wooden boat group. They have 66 guest rooms in the lodge and 15 villas around the lodge. The villas have 2,3 and 4 BRs. They can do things like banquets or cookouts. They also have meeting space. She will be sending me a proposal in a couple of days.

TiredParent

Postby TiredParent » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:09 am

I wanna know where the Gathering 2014 is going to be... that being about how soon I will finish a boat worthy of bringing to this prestigeous event!

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:46 am

TiredParent wrote:I wanna know where the Gathering 2014 is going to be... that being about how soon I will finish a boat worthy of bringing to this prestigeous event!

Sorry to inform you, your excuse doesn't float. :wink: A boat is not a requirement. The only requirement thats needed is a sense of humor and stamina to withstand the abuse,[read postings about Bill Edmondson] :lol: :lol: both for the weekend and for down the road. Few people also forget a single detail of any hickup or forget that some members sleep and miss the launching of their own planned event. :P Its a tough bunch here with long memories that lasts longer than any high grade paints that we use on our boats too. 8) :lol:

TiredParent

Postby TiredParent » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:46 am

Truthfully, the Lake Chatuge sounds real tempting... I like the fact that it is 100 miles closer to me than Nickajack Lake. Although this year's gathering is out (all the money is spent on house projects this year), maybe I can sweet-talk my honey into taking a vacation next year... plus I'll have finished my 8Ball by then, so I'll have SOMETHING to bring with me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:52 am

That place looks really nice! I like the idea of covered boat slips...answers the question of where we can hang out around the boats if it rains.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi Everyone,
First, for those wondering, Lake Chatuge is pronounced Shatoog I received a proposal from the Ridges. The dates of course are not correct, but the planner just put something together based on what they have done in the past for ACBS and other groups. Of course, some of the things on her agenda can be eliminated and the dates can be changed. As you can see, she even included meeting time in a conference room and I think that is built into the room rates. Since I have never been to a meeting, I don't know what is needed as far as meals and meeting rooms. I will be at G5 and I will have a better idea after that. At the end, there is a section of Q&A and you'll see rental boat prices for those who may be interested. It is more expensive than HB but I'm sure it is negotiable and someone else may come up with a more suitable location.

Day Lodge Daily Total
Thu 09/13/2012 50 50
Fri 09/14/2012 50 50
Grand Total: 100 100

Room Rates Comments
Lodge US$ 159.00 per room/per night/plus tax (single or double occupancy)
2 Bedroom Villa US$ 360.00 per villa/per night/plus tax
3 Bedroom Villa US$ 475.00 per villa/per night/plus tax
4 Bedroom Villa US$ 590.00 per villa/per night/plus tax

Complimentary wireless internet is provided in all lodge guest rooms, meeting spaces and common areas. The Ridges does not charge resort or parking fees.

We can provide complimentary boat slips for up to 40 boats.

Event Agenda

Day Time Event Guests Notes
09/13/2012(Thu) 11:00am Arrivals 200
12:00pm Boats on Display 40 A & AA Docks
6:00pm Lakeside Cookout 150 Lakeside Pavilion & Lawn
9:00pm Smores 150 Lakeside Fire Pit / Ridges Fire Pit
09/14/2012(Fri) 7:00am Continental Breakfast 200 The Ridges Lobby
8:00am Boats on Display 40 A & AA Docks
9:00am Morning Session 200 Red Banks Ridge
9:00am Breakout Sessions 20 Chinquapin Ridge, High Cove Ridge, Big Springs Ridge, Buckhorn Ridge
12:00pm Lunch 200 The Oaks Restaurant
6:00pm Dinner 200 Red Banks Ridge
9:00pm Smores 200
09/15/2012(Sat) 7:00am Continental Breakfast 200 The Ridges Lobby
8:00am Brunch on Own 200 The Oaks Restaurant
9:00am Meetings w/ Breaks 80 Red Banks Ridge
12:00pm Depart 200

The Ridges Resort offers a variety of food and beverage choices for your group. We have two restaurants to choose from as well as a full catering staff. We offer both indoor and outdoor venues allowing your guests to take full advantage of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.

Continental Breakfast - complimentary to all guests each day in the Ridges Lobby.
Breakfast Buffet - $12.00++
Lunch - $20.00++
Dinner - $40.00++

Please keep in mind that we will work with you to create the perfect meal offerings to please your guests as well as meet any budget requirements/restrictions.

I have listed answers to other commonly asked questions below. I hope you will find this helpful.

* The Ridges offers (3) full service bars on property in addition to a full catering staff.
* Complimentary wireless internet is available throughout our lodge, conference space and public areas.
* Our Lake Villas are equipped with full kitchens are ideal Hospitality Rooms/Suites.
* All parking is close and complimentary

The North Georgia Mountains abounds with talented musicians and artists. We can arrange themed dinners with entertainment and activities to match. Evening entertainment choices include everything from a jazz ensemble in our lobby to a full blue grass band in our Pavilion. A pontoon cruise around the lake before dinner is a nice way to relax and unwind from a day of meetings. Follow this with a BBQ or a High Country Boil. We have both lawn and board games that can be enjoyed while guests warm both inside and out around our fire pit while making smores.

The Ridges also offers a variety of recreation options perfect for groups. A list of possible options is listed below:

Full Service Marina
24' Pontoon Boat - $140 for 2 hours, $190 for 4 hours and $265 for 8 hours. Kayaks, Peddle Boats and Canoes - $10 - $20 per hour.

Outdoor pools, walking paths, tennis courts, fishing pier, horseshoe pits, corn hole boards, ladder golf, volleyball courts are all available for our guests enjoyment at no charge.

Three 18-hole championship golf courses including The Ridges course, located just across the lake in Hayesville, NC, are just moments away. Ridges Golf Course - Current greens fees including shared cart for 18 holes - $49

Shopping - There are lots of small boutiques, specialty shops, antique shops and art galleries in the area. In addition we have a few unique shopping venues that are certainly a destination all their own. One example is Alexanders, Everything Under the Sun. They offer everything from appliances, home furnishings, ladies apparel, housewares to firearms and groceries. (706)745-6450

Fly Fishing - Gilligan's Special with Unicoi Outfitters - $200 for two fisherman (includes guide, all equipment including waders & fly rod) One hour of instruction and two hours of fishing.

Lake Fishing - Shared Pontoon boat (4 guests per boat), fishing rod & bait - $50 per person (fuel not included)

Skeet Shooting - Noontoola Creek Farms - $35 per person

Horseback Riding is available at Trackrock Stables - $35 for one hour and $70 for two hours.

Whitewater Rafting is available on the Ocoee, Nantahala and Chatooga Rivers. Trips including transportation, towels, guides guaranteed on each raft range from $59 - $79 per person.

Canopy Tour / Zipline through the Nantahala Gorge lasts 3 hours and covers 1/2 mile, 5 sky bridges, 3 transfer bridges and flies over 20 scenic and unspoiled acres. Canopy Tours start at $74 per person.

Spa Services at Equani Spa (less than 5 minutes from hotel)
Estimated Spa Services - $85 per person

Fun World (over 100,000 square feet of family entertainment offering rock wall, batting cages, indoor miniature golf, laser tag, go-carts, and a variety of interactive and virtual reality games).
One Hour Time Play - $10
Two Hour Time Play - $14
Four Hour Time Play - $20
All Day Time Play - $25

Hiking trails, bike trails, local beach are only minutes away.

gstanfield

Postby gstanfield » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:12 am

Sounds good to me :mrgreen:
I Peter 2:17

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:57 am

It's further, but closer our kids. I'm in.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

John B

Postby John B » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:18 am

gstanfield wrote:

Sounds good to me :mrgreen:

Is there a discount if we want to shoot more than one "person"???? :lol:
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Return to “Gathering 2011”