A heartfelt thanks from Glen

DaveLott

Re: A heartfelt thanks from Glen

Postby DaveLott » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Glen - While you felt that they are only lines on paper, they are really the source of the inspiration to believe we can.

With my family we express our sincerest gratitude.

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

kens

Postby kens » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:05 pm

DaveLott wrote:Glen - While you felt that they are only lines on paper, they are really the source of the inspiration to believe we can.

With my family we express our sincerest gratitude.

dave

I was think the same and couldnt find the words.
Thanks for all the 'lines on paper'
Ken
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

raymacke

Postby raymacke » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Glen,
You didn't just put lines on paper, rather you created a pathway to allow us to change a dream in to reality. Along that path the process made our hands become more skilled and our minds exceedingly sharper. Hours otherwise lost to mindless entertainment were channeled to creating something tangible and source of great pride. And for some of us it changed our life. It awakened a passion that has brought much pleasure and provided memories that will not fade until we do.

In your eyes the origin may have been just lines on paper but every builder realizes it was something far more significant. And for that we all do again say, "Thank You".
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:40 am

What everybody says! Long ago the plywood boat building book was the most worn book in my stack of disorganized boat books and my man cave. I believe that it dates back before the internet too. :wink: Thanks to this venue we now see the results full size in a blink of an eye and with a flick of the fingers and see that there are others keeping those lines freshly drawn in 3-D each and everyday.

Soloboat

Postby Soloboat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:24 am

Lines and little numbers and for remaining in business so dreams come to fruition.
Thanks Glen
) Champagne dreams and wishes are possible on a beer budget. Just build the boat.
Nice curves are easy on the eyes.
Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:36 am

Another thing that came out of just drawing boat lines....all this boat-building fellowship!!!

We would have never got to know one another if not for the forum tie!

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:32 pm

When people approach me, and ask if my boat is a "Chris-Craft", I say no it's a Dwain- Craft, a Glen-L design, and then proceed to tell them that you designed boats for the "Homebuilder" and yes I built it from plans that were easy and they should go on your website and look at the boats that people have built...And, Yes you do deserve and award for the foresite of your designs. So that when people look at the plans they can say "I can do that".........Dwain, The SKIIII KIIINNNGGG.

BulldogBoater

Postby BulldogBoater » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:05 pm

As I was sitting around the dock Saturday night chatting, we got off the subject of boats and onto what was really going on here. In my case was how my boat building brought my father and me closer together. He wanted to help even though he didn't know how. He just wanted to be there. While at visitation at the church after his passing, I was astonished by how many people came to me and said "so you're the boat builder." In all I've done in my life, me building a boat was what he talked about most. He was proud of his son.

I heard another builder say how his father made three trips for several days at a time to spend with his son working on his boat. This was very special to him as he and his father had not spent much time together.

I heard of another builder who used the same tools his grandfather used to build his boat and that how every time he sharpened the plane again he felt his grandfather's presence as if he was standing over his shoulder watching with approval.

And I think of every time I take my daughter out, how happy she is.

Make no doubt about it Glen. You have not allowed us to build just boats. You have allowed us to build memories that will last a lifetime. And for this, I will be eternally grateful.

Kevin Brown
"I'm not trying to get it perfect. I'm trying to get it finished!"
www.tubbytug.com

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:18 am

There are many things in boat building that families can share together as well as the things that bring some simple solitude to the builder. And my biggest sense of pride is being asked "What year is it?". Love it!! Thanks, Glen.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Mr Hot Rod

Postby Mr Hot Rod » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Glen,

Your plaque should have been outfitted with a small flat screen monitor and a button on it. When pressed, you'd see the Glen-L smiles you've put on so many builders' faces.

We didn't have enough time to engineer it all at G5 (too busy giving boat rides !), so you'll have to make do with clicking on the link below to see way too many people having way too much fun :

Thanks Glen and Glen-L !

Building the Glen-L Hot Rod : http://www.boats.chelseacoachworks.com

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:56 pm

What A Great Link, Paul!!!! Glen and everyone will enjoy that!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 am

Thank you everyone for your very, very kind comments and stories. These are all real tear-jerkers to many of us here in the office--I'm not going to name names. Suffice it to say, you all are the reason we do what we do. My dad is honored by your comments...
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Return to “Gathering 2011”