and also a Heartfelt thanx from David Grason

Dave Grason

and also a Heartfelt thanx from David Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:30 pm

I am so glad I attended this year. I was somewhat saddened at the loss of the cabins from the earlier fire. But it did seem that a number of the other issues have been resolved if not at least improved. It also appeared that the milfoil was under much better control this year although it certainly has not been eradicated. Of course, I know that it was originally placed in the lake to provide fish habitat. But I think that, knowing what the boaters were up against allowed the members of the G to recognize the milfoil and know what to do in case. At least this was my impression.

I did want to make a comment about the awards ceremony from Saturday evening. Of course, most folks know about the "Tom Sawyer" award I got two years ago. These awards are great fun and go along way towards promoting friendship among the members because we get to poke good natured fun at each other. But this award that I got this year had an entirely different effect on me.

As many members know, the last two years of my life have been... shall we say less than smooth. Enrolling in Austin Peay State University was not my original plan but it certainly did give me a sense of direction and purpose that just did miracles for the mental funk from which I was suffering after the loss of my business and the failure of my marriage. Since I've started back to college, I've worked very hard. Much like building a boat, many of my so called friends started having great fun at my expense. That has really added insult to injury so I've curtailed most of my association with anyone that is negative about my new life goals. Negativity is just something that I don't need right now.

When I recieved the award from you fine people, you could have pushed me over with a feather. That was SO unexpected, but more importantly, it came as a tremendous shot in the arm. I didn't realize how much I had been needing just that. I cannot thank everyone enough. This really did touch my heart in a HUGE way. Of course, I started my first semester at the college back in May. I'm including a link here that shows the Dean's List here at APSU. If you scroll down, you'll find my name.

Thank you so much everyone again and again. You cannot believe how much I so thoroughly enjoy association with goal setting people that get up and make things happen. And let's fact it. If you're not a goal setting person, how could you ever expect to build a boat? I like being with like minded individuals.

http://www.apsu.edu/academics/deans_list
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

DaveLott

Re: and also a Heartfelt thanx from David Grason

Postby DaveLott » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Dave - I for one was so glad to see you this year. Keep the faith my man
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:44 pm

Dave,

It wouldn't be the same without you!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Thanks for coming Dave. Its great to see you doing well and your decisions and accomplishments opening new and exciting opportunities in your life. It was neat to hear you talk about your plans with foreign language. Sounds like a great adventure. Keep us updated.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:43 am

Glad you could make it Dave....what was the award?

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:45 am

So glad to see you there, Dave!!! It was fun having the singalong with your masterful guitar playing. Best of Success in your endeavors and hope to see you at G6 with words of your SUCCESS!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

PS: I don't need to rely on my singing ability!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

slug

Postby slug » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:05 am

Dave; I'm one of those who have missed your presence on the forum. Could always depend on some sage..and sometimes just plain fun, comments.
Please give the rest of us an update on your plans for the future, as we all consider you a friend.
Hoping that future includes a Glen-l sometime :wink:

Doug

thudpucker

Postby thudpucker » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:18 pm

Dave I'm very dissapointed I did not see you get that Award.
Good for you buddy!

OK now, that was yesterday, get back to it boy..... :lol:

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:04 pm

upspirate wrote:....what was the award?

Well, you know how Bill and Lauren come up with these diploma type certificates. I think they're great! I don't know how they come up with them on such short notice though. Someone is going to have to fill me in on that. Anywho, here is a photo of my award....if I can remember how to post photos.
Attachments
DLaward.jpg
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Dwain the ski king

Postby Dwain the ski king » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Dammit, Dave, you kept me awake snorin'......Dwain, The SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:43 am

Dave.

It is great to see your name "up in lights".
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Dwain the ski king wrote:Dammit, Dave, you kept me awake snorin'

Well Dwain, the G aint no time to be sleeping anyway. lol

Return to “Gathering 2011”