How to make a old man cry!!!!

jeffh

Re: How to make a old man cry!!!!

Postby jeffh » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Hello Jimmy,
I have never had the pleasure of meeting you, but I can tell you that home dialysis is the way to go if you can keep doing it. The QC side of dialysis is my business. Standard chronic dialysis treatment requires going into a dialysis center three times a week and with a home system, you can do it every day. Are you using NxStage?
2011 MALAHINI - KICKED IN THE HEAD
I wake up with a 16ft woody every morning :)
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534DBtp1Cnc

Jimmy70

Postby Jimmy70 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Jeff
Yep the NxStage seems like the only way to handle this problem or at least for me it is. I told my wife if I had to use the clinic for cleaning for get it and I will just check out with some happy pills to help along.

So far I have been doing good and have 500ml/hr blood flow and my vein and artery are doing good on the pressures. I have to go in next tuesday to clamp down the laterals off of the fistula to keep them from taking to much blood. Local operation at the clinic they say so hope that goes okay.

Everyone and a couple of the guys at the clinic getting help say they have been on for a year now and doing good with the machine. To bad one can't have a shorter time and have the same effect but one day they might figure that one out or design a good artificial kidney for replacements. Got to say the medical field keeps rolling right along and we got some smart dudes working out kinks all of the time.

Thanks for your input on this and to all of the others who have chimed in and keep pushing me along, it helps....
Jimmy
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

Jimmy70

Postby Jimmy70 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:54 am

Thought that I would post a photo of the cycler that keeps the blood cleaned up and in good use for the body.
If I have some stuff wrong on the photo I am sure Jeff can chime in and tell me but I think I have most of it correct.
Jimmy
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:41 am

There is something inerrantly wrong with blood circulating outside its normal domain. But if it that is required to keep you ticking then let the plumbing flow.

Keep the faith

dave
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:48 pm

WOW!!! Glad it is working well for you!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Return to “Gathering 2011”