Official Gathering 6 Dates and Location

DaveLott

Re: Official Gathering 6 Dates and Location

Postby DaveLott » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:30 am

I cannot express my gratitude for all the sincere heart felt responses and grace bestowed on my family. This season shall also pass. I will miss all of you this season but I am not the purpose of the Gathering. It is the celebration of what we are as individuals and this hobby in how we express our individualism. I look forward to other years where we can meet again and celebrate together.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:45 pm

Dave

I don't think the Gathering can be stated better than that. We'll see you next year.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Hopefully Rich and I will see you and Melody at the Branson ACBS International show.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

rbrandenstein

Postby rbrandenstein » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Sorry to hear that, Dave. I was looking forward to meeting another builder from the Show-Me state and, as far as I can tell, my closest active Glen-L neighbor.

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm

come down to the ACBS show Sept 17th. If I still own Midnight Cry, I will be cruise master for the long 84 mile cruise that day.

Good part is that I live on the lake already so I can still do this show.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:56 am

Was planning on being at the ACBS show Dave but now it looks like I might be in Iowa.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

tokins

Postby tokins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Tom and Peggy from Mississippi will be at the gathering # 6. We are in rustic cabin # 4. Will arrive on the sixth and leave on the ninth. Peggy can make the special "nanner" pudding as needed. See ya'll there. :)

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:57 am

I am calling to try get my RV spot .We are taking INNOCENCE to the bay today for the weekend @ our condo. Looking foward to seeing everyone and meeting the newbes.I would like to bring our new 16, CC but I can only yow one boat,unless I can get somone else to come with us.

John B

Postby John B » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:46 am

Butch Barto wrote:I am calling to try get my RV spot .We are taking INNOCENCE to the bay today for the weekend @ our condo. Looking foward to seeing everyone and meeting the newbes.I would like to bring our new 16, CC but I can only yow one boat,unless I can get somone else to come with us.

You need one of them thar double-decker boat trailers
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Wont need that double decker A asshole on a PWC ran into INNOCENCE Saturday afternoon .There is a hole at the waterline as big as the front of a waverunner on the Port side Dead center of the rear cocpit.I had to beach her in somone back yard on Cinco Bayou or she would have went down.The guy was towing a man on a wakeboard looking backwards I try to steeraway from his path almoast made it .If I was hauling ass he would have missed us.He was coming from the direction that we were going in a wide sweeping left turn I turned to my right to try to avoid him but he was closing too fast.One side frame broken compleatly away from the bottom frame Gunwal broken away from the deck and split from the rear cocpit up to the engine hatch.Took on about 12" of water from the engine back.Tranny was under water.I will be shipping her to Hugh Saint in Cape Coral Fl. for repair.The guy that was on the wakeboard was the owner of the PWC he has no insurance.Guess Hagerty will be sewing him and the driver.I guess it will be 20-30K for repairs.Dont know how much will have to be refinished to get her right back like it was.We will be bringing our new boat that I designed my self Sorry Gail. See yall in September.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Butch

Shit :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow Butch, hate to hear a thing like this. :( Glad you guys didnt get hurt. Unbelieveable! No observer, no insurance, no brains! Boy, did they pick the wrong boat to run into! I hope they spare no expense at the repair shop restoring it better than before the accident and those PWC guys are forced to pony up.

Lets chop up that PWC and make a Jet Squirt out of it!

Well, looking forward to seeing your new boat at the Gathering Butch, glad you have a backup boat.

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Butch, I'm sorry to hear about that. My wife and I were talking about buying one and then every time we go out onto the lake some a$$hole on a PWC cuts us off. It always results in me having to pull back on the throttle and crashing through a wake that I would have gone over. It's gotten to the point that nobody knows how to properly pass when meeting head to head and they apparently just don't give a damn. Best of luck on your repair.
jh
2011 MALAHINI - KICKED IN THE HEAD
I wake up with a 16ft woody every morning :)
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534DBtp1Cnc

kens

Postby kens » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Wow!!
OMG!!
How many others on this forum have suffered damages from PWC?
Is this a trend?
Glad your not injured.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Oh maaaaaan, Butch, that is terrible...fortunately neither you or any of your passengers were hurt. At least I was at the dock when the jackass on the PWC hit me, and he had insurance. I didn't have to find a beach quick! I believe every bit of the $20-30K repair on that beauty of yours...the little gored out part on mine was almost $4000!

Sorry to hear that happened but glad you are not in jail for drowning the &%$%$#!
Last edited by Bob Maskel on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Sea Knight on the water/Malahini in progress

Return to “Gathering 2012”