Official Gathering 6 Dates and Location

Roberta

Re: Official Gathering 6 Dates and Location

Postby Roberta » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:46 am

:shock: That is awful!!! :x Seems more jet ski people leave their brains at the dock. Glad you are OK.

Roberta :(
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

darthplywood

Postby darthplywood » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 am

that really sucks! I agree with Jeffh....it seems like with jet ski's all sense of responsiblilty on the water goes out the window!
Built the 17' Glen-L "Sea Knight"
yet to come...11' Glen-L "Utility"

red

Postby red » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 am

glad nobody was hurt but that truly sucks.

John B

Postby John B » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:33 am

vupilot wrote:
Lets chop up that PWC and make a Jet Squirt out of it!

Let's start with the clown driving the PWC and the owner who had no insurance...then we take their skins and make a new bimini top for Butch.

This really sucks, Butch! But like everyone else, we're glad you and your passengers weren't injured.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:29 pm

My heart hurts for you...
Gayle Brantuk
Vice President
Glen-L Marine
Visit our Blog & Create Your Own!

Fabricflyer

Postby Fabricflyer » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Bummer Barto

At least you have someone you might be able to get some compensation out of. I got rear ended a couple of weeks ago in D.C.and the guy took off when I was getting out of the car.

Again, so sorry about your trouble, but glad you were not hurt.

Allen

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:11 am

Horrible Butch! Like everyone else I'm glad no one was hurt. I hope for speedy repairs!

I still consider myself a novice boater and am always worried to death when pulling my kids around on the tube behind our PWC. I steer clear of any and all boat traffic. Too many times I've seen drunk or non-attentive idiots on boats and PWC's go right between a craft and a towed rig...scary as you know what!

Oddly enough, I've also seen the lake patrol park his boat on top of a pontoon boat.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

BarnacleMike

Postby BarnacleMike » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:52 am

Butch,

That is horrible news. Thank God you & your passengers didn't get hurt.

I hope you're able to recover ALL the damages from that PWC guy.

-Michael
-Michael

Built Utility "Perseverance" — completed Aug 2016
Currently building a Zip
My Boatbuilding Blog: http://barnaclemikeboats.blogspot.com/
My Website of Boat Photos: https://michaelsmaddox.wordpress.com

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:08 am

So what was the final outcome of the accident? Is the Perp going to pay for the damage?
2011 MALAHINI - KICKED IN THE HEAD
I wake up with a 16ft woody every morning :)
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534DBtp1Cnc

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Hagerty is paying PWC owner or operator had no Insurance.I have to pay $2500 deductable WE are taking her down to Cape Coral To Hugh Saint Custom Boats for repairs this weekend..Hagerty will sew him in Civil Court for the cost of repairs and the deductible

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:33 am

So here we go again...I just saw my 16 year old daughter's cross country schedule and one of her most important events is G6 weekend. It is actually at Berry College in Rome, GA, which is on the way and waaay closer to Chattanooga than home. We may still be able to make something happen. My other problem is I have a Board meeting on Monday, Sept 10. That means I would have to leave early on Sunday. So, our cabin will probably be available soon.
2011 MALAHINI - KICKED IN THE HEAD
I wake up with a 16ft woody every morning :)
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534DBtp1Cnc

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 am

Hope you can still work it out Jeff. Maybe come up before and after the X-C meet since its closer than home. We can keep any eye on your boat in the parking lot while youre gone, or run all the gas out of it if you leave it in the water. Many of us also depart sunday by noon

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Jeff

Berry is not that far. You can slip away and come and they might not notice. Or, just stay with us and visit there.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:13 am

raymacke wrote:FOR THOSE PLANNING A RIVER TRIP AT G6 -

Here is a posting about Chickamauga Lock which is just upstream of Chattanooga.

The single chamber at Chickamauga Lock, MM471, is scheduled for closure to navigation from 0600 August 21 through 1800 September 13, 2012. No auxiliary lock is available to pass traffic during this closure. This will stop all navigation above Chattanooga during this time.

This is from the Ingram Marine's (a barge company) web site about river conditions. This is a nice resource for those planning river cruises - http://www.ingrambarge.com/default.aspx?v=barge/resources/conditions

Ray, FYI, although you likely are way ahead of me on this...but you said you were going to do some TN river cruising after G6...here is an update on the lock closure...

"Comment submitted by Ted Stehle, Dir of Operations, WG

Chickamauga Lock closure, originally scheduled for 21 August through 13 September, has been extended. The new dates for the closure are 21 August through 21 September. The additional time is needed to complete more extensive repairs to the lower gate seals that originally planned." (I see Ingram still says 9/13, so who knows...ACL says the 21st...http://www.acltrac.com/lockclosures.asp?cat=riverinfo)

I was going to run down the Tenn-Tom to Mobile Bay but 2 of their locks are closed from 9/11 thru 9/16 too...so I'm not quite sure where I'll go this year afterwards...
Bob
Sea Knight on the water/Malahini in progress

raymacke

Postby raymacke » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Bob, I just ran on to the same posting last night. I was searching for info while hoping they had gotten it done early - so much for that. We had wanted to spend a good part of the week after G6 exploring above the lock but I guess that is not going to happen. Can't believe I can not find anything about this outrage on the Corps of Engineers web site or the Notice to Navigation Interests they publish.

We have talked about running downstream to Guntersville but for us it is about a 10 to 11 hour cruise AFTER we get through the lock at Nickajack. Just don't think we will have the time to make Chattanooga (mandatory) and then turn around and run to Guntersville and then back to Hales Bar. SO we may just end up knocking around Chattanooga a couple days. Chattanooga is mandatory for Monday night as I promised my wife a nice meal out - we will be celebrating our 41st wedding anniversary that day. Well, at least I will be celebrating. She will probably still be trying to figure out why she has put up with me this long! :)
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Return to “Gathering 2012”