Check In Check Out

ttownshaw

Re: Check In Check Out

Postby ttownshaw » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:18 pm

If you haven't done so already...you might call HB and confirm your reservation. I did so (since I was moving cabins) and some of my booking info (arrival date, length of stay, cost...) was wrong so we got it corrected. I was nice about it and so where they. They are also having computer issues again so don't feel rushed to call them today.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Old aussie

Postby Old aussie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi ,from Australia letting you guys know, Jamie and I can not make it to G 6. sometimes things just do not turn out like
they should, I was looking foward to meeting every one ,and seeing their boats, we will try for ,G 7........
have a good time, we will get on with trying to get ,G 1, going over here......

Old Aussie... Peter...

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Peter

I've already told you that I'm sorry that you can't come!

Just like you, depending on timing, We may try to come there!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

ClayKorn

Postby ClayKorn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi, I've been reading this forum on and off for a while now as I'm trying to decide what I would like to build. I ran across the gathering thread and am wondering if it is available for anyone to attend? If so, my wife and I would be unable to attend the entire weekend. But would love to come and see the boats and talk with some of the builders. Is there an agenda of events? As luck would have it, we recently moved to Decatur, AL which puts us within a day trip to the gathering.

Thanks,
Clay

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Clay

Everyone is welcome :!: Please come over. We'll even feed you and give you boat rides :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Clay, please come. You will have a great time...the gathering is really laid back and I always look forward to it every year.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.

raymacke

Postby raymacke » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Is there an agenda of events?

Not really! The Gathering is by design is very non-structured - just a bunch of people with the common interest of boat building getting together. We talk, share, look at the boats, give rides and just kick back and enjoy the great company of other builders. There are no pretenses of grandeur - this is a very laid back affair. It started out as a weekend event - Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday but has evolved somewhat. Now usually some will be arriving mid week but Friday and particularly Saturday are the big days. Sunday morning is a brief social time but usually by mid-morning everyone is pack-up and heading home. The only real scheduled event is on Saturday night. Usually after dinner there is a program held right out on the dock that always supplies a lot of laughs (Thanks to Bill E). I suggest you bring a lawn chair and kick back with the rest of us.

Please do come and don't be bashful about asking questions or for rides. It's fun and free - a hard deal to beat! :D
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Wood Nut

Postby Wood Nut » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:57 am

Bill,

My situation has change and I will not be able to make it.

I cancelled my reservation for floating cabin #7 and should be available to someone else.
Charlie K.
Building a Flying Saucer

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Sorry Charlie.. Maybe next year.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:55 am

looks like I'm gonna make it this year. I plan on getting up on Thursday. see y'all soon
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:02 am

Whoohoo, the party at the sailboat lives on! It wouldnt be the same without you and the Dulcimer! Glad to hear it.

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:11 am

gaffrig24 wrote:I plan on getting up on Thursday

Have you asleep this whole time Rip Van Winkle? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill

John B

Postby John B » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:10 am

gaffrig24 wrote:looks like I'm gonna make it this year. I plan on getting up on Thursday. see y'all soon

I hope your bar will be fully stocked... 8)
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting as to what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the result of the vote.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:09 pm

With a lot of our regulars out this year we're going to need open eyes to help with award ideas. Otherwise my sarcastic whit won't get tempered. :?

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:47 am

of course the bar,will be stocked john, i even have something special that i just brewed up...y'all are gonna love it
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Return to “Gathering 2012”