red

Re: Count Down

Postby red » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:55 pm

Bill I can do breakfast fri sat probably pancakes and bacon or sausage

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Red

So, far the Gathering hasn't added Friday breakfast. But, if you want to break new ground... Saturday would be a good complement to Bill S' skillet.

Chris

Kens low Country Boil and my Chilli can stand alone. But, we look short on sides on Saturday night and the isn't a desert to be found. Just thoughts. Let's see what else turns up.

Thanks Guys,
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Three weeks from right now, I'll have a hotdog or a margarita in my hand at the Gathering. :D

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DaveLott

Postby DaveLott » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:Three weeks from right now, I'll have a hotdog or a margarita in my hand at the Gathering. :D

Bill

Please drink 2 for me.
Dave

Riviera build - the Midnight Cry Project
Glen-L Sea Kayak
Mahalo Standup Paddleboard

Video of Midnight in Action

Few things in the world measure up to the thrill and satisfaction of boating in a boat that you built.

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:15 am

8) since I got way from the mess in Ohio earlier than i figured I would I won't be traveling during the time of gather so won't make it. may be another year or I am just gonna have to host a western gather. I guess that's the bad thing about things being so far apart out this way. nothing is close by :lol: 8) :wink:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Well, I brought the boat home yesterday. I had to turn it around by hand in the driveway. It got away from me and bent a prop tip on the curb. I was going to pull the prop tonight and straighten it. But, apparently the SS shaft is galled. The nut won't come off. I straighten the tip on the boat. I'll check again this weekend. The prop seems to turn evenly. The shaft seems straight.

I have another prop. But, it's useless if the nut won't come off. We'll see at the Gathering. She may be a trailer queen. :cry:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Soloboat

Postby Soloboat » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:16 pm

Bill all's well ,you always have a small mishap just before the gathering then have a fantastic time. Apparently Mr Jack of Nickerjack did not get any Daniels, remember a splash for the spirits that roam that lake :) ,
YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT TIME

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 pm

We'll have a drink to Jack. Maybe, put some in the lake for him.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:11 am

Bill Edmundson wrote:Well, I brought the boat home yesterday. I had to turn it around by hand in the driveway. It got away from me and bent a prop tip on the curb. I was going to pull the prop tonight and straighten it. But, apparently the SS shaft is galled. The nut won't come off. I straighten the tip on the boat. I'll check again this weekend. The prop seems to turn evenly. The shaft seems straight.

I have another prop. But, it's useless if the nut won't come off. We'll see at the Gathering. She may be a trailer queen. :cry:

Bill

OUCH!!!! No tighter bond than galled stainless steel. Maybe cut the nut off with a dremmel cutoff wheel and see if the shaft threads can be saved or repaired.

Roberta :(
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 am

I'm going to bring the boat as is. There is no way that I could cut the nut, not be able to fix the shaft then replace it all.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:55 am

Probably best to leave well enough alone, for now. I was thinking after the season. :D

Roberta :D

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:12 am

ONE WEEK TO GO :!:

Time to get out the wax, check the oil, service the truck, grease the trailer bearings and pack the truck.

And cook the chilli.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 am

Can't wait...I really need some "down time" as it has been a crazy few months at work.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:30 am

WOWEE!!! Seven days from now we'll be heading out on calm waters for that morning ride.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

tgauthier

Postby tgauthier » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:38 am

I am still not sure what to bring for food. I offered to help with a contential breakfast for Sunday morning... suggested coffee cake and orange juice.

I was not sure if that is what you wanted? If not let me know. Art Atkinson and I would like to help out with something.

Thanks,

Ted Gauthier - Zip

Return to “Gathering 2012”