Thanks to all of you.

Jimmy70

Thanks to all of you.

Postby Jimmy70 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 pm

I want to thank all of those who made this possible one more time. Jon Patton and I had a good time although Friday my old butt was dragging bad. I had woke up at 3:30 Thursday and never got back to sleep until Friday, so had many hours without any sleep. I took naps off and on all day but got kind of caught up and had a good Saturday. Jon and I made it home in 12 hours and I suppose kind of lucky. We had just got into NC when some pickup honked at us and was pointing at the trailer so we pulled over to check things out. The right tire had a bulb half way around it and was about to explode. I am glad I had a spare on the trailer to change it out. It looks like the tire de-laminated to me but don't know for sure.

Today I am wiped out once again, I suppose being off of the dialysis for 4 days is not a good thing to do for the old body. I hope I get caught up real quick this week and turn out ok.

Thanks for all of the good food once again. It seems like it all so dang good and need to stuff it in the old gut. I was glad to see new people but missed some of the others that could not make this trip.
Jimmy70
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

Bill Edmundson

Re: Thanks to all of you.

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:58 pm

Jimmy

I sure was glad to see you my friend. I wish I had more time during these things. I want a ride.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Great to see you again, Jimmy!!! I sure enjoyed seeing you romp around in that Hydro and had fun jammin' with Jon on Friday night.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Omaha1

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:38 am

Yes, thanks everyone for having us... I had the best time scooting around with Jim and meeting everyone.

Yeah, the tire situation was fun. We were coming out of the mountains and this maniac in the cab of a huge red F150 kept pointing back at our trailer (he looked like he was about to snap a couple veins in his forehead). Sooo, we eased on over (about 5 semi's right behind us), and once we were stopped on the shoulder, hopped out and found a nice little surprise. That tire was extremely close to blowing right of the rim. Who knows how much longer it would've held together before catastrophe happened.

Roberta, keep banging away on that nice 12-string... it sounded really good!

Jon :D

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 am

Will do, Jon!!! Make sure you and Jimmy get to G7!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 am

Great to see you again Jimmy...keep puttin' one foot in front of the other.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

raymacke

Postby raymacke » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Jimmy,

My wife and I both enjoyed kicking back and swapping stories with you. We are counting on you for G7.

Ray
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Jimmy70

Postby Jimmy70 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 am

Hi Ray
I always like to sit down and jaw with you. I recall some of the stories we were talking about the meeting before with us taking out mailboxes and what ever trying to get our long trailers out of the driveway. I was glad to meet your wife this trip too and hopefully did not insult you two with some of my Navy Mouth. I guess some cuss words don't hurt but I do get carried away at times. I was really having a good time but by the time I got home I felt completely washed out. I hope I have the strength to make the next one and hope that my buddy Jon can come along to as he had a great time. I am glad the little boat was functioning well that trip also. It was nice to see your boat in great shape and you two must be proud of the work that you done on it.
Jimmy
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

raymacke

Postby raymacke » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Jimmy, if you are going to insult us you have to work a lot harder than that! :D
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Return to “Gathering 2012”