Conversation with Gayle - Video

tgauthier

Conversation with Gayle - Video

Postby tgauthier » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:50 am

During the G6 Gathering, I was able to go for a ride in my Zip with Gayle and we had a friendly converstation. The ride was recorded but the camera was in a waterproof case so the sound was muted and subscript was used..sorry. This conversation was not planned so it just small talk but the video is nice and some people maybe interested...so I am posting a link. This video is just under 5 min. duration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8FE0x-0UC8

Enjoy,

Ted Gauthier

jprice

Re: Conversation with Gayle - Video

Postby jprice » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:38 am

Nice interview.

Ted, you mentioned in there that you made the floor thicker than it needed to be, so that added extra weight. I'm curious, how thick did you make the floor?

tgauthier

Postby tgauthier » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:04 am

jprice wrote:Nice interview.

Ted, you mentioned in there that you made the floor thicker than it needed to be, so that added extra weight. I'm curious, how thick did you make the floor?

The front area seating was 5/8". I could not believe how heavy that much Ash lumber was so I removed it and then cut dado grooves in the bottom of all the planks and this helped to lighten it up some. The rear seating area floor (also Ash), I used 1/2" material. If I were to do this over, I would use the thinnest material that I could by supporting it better. I would maybe even select a would not be has dense/heavy as Ash. The only thing I was happy with is the look. It was nice to have a contrasting color.

You can click on the Picasa link below and see more photos of the floor and build if your interested.

Ted
Attachments
Zip_Floor_done.JPG
Zip_Floor_done.JPG (28.5 KiB) Viewed 1765 times

TUGMYWAY

Postby TUGMYWAY » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:13 pm

That is a good looking floor!

Return to “Gathering 2012”