fibreglass cloth everywhere?

Problems, how to use. Also see: "EPOXY", in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, ttownshaw

chugalug

fibreglass cloth everywhere?

Post by chugalug » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:57 am

Do I have to put glass cloth everywhere on outside of boat ?or just on surfaces such as decks and cabin and pilothouse tops?What about the exposed wood on sides of cabins-just multiple coats of epoxy? :roll:
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Bill Edmundson

Re: fibreglass cloth everywhere?

Post by Bill Edmundson » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:29 am

Chug

There is no real reason to glass everything.

I "like" to glass the entire hull. Roberta usually says she just glasses below the waterline.

The boat I'm working now is fully glassed on the exterior surfaces except the inside of the cockpit. That is what the designer called out. But, this boat was designed for very harsh conditions that I never hope to see.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

chugalug

Re: fibreglass cloth everywhere?

Post by chugalug » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:36 am

:D Thanks Bill,I was just wondering as some of those cabin joints are not radiased enough for glass to go over and around.Figured on putting glass cloth on deck and cabin and pilothouse tops as well as outside of bulwark.but not on inside surfaces as well as the exposed wood on cabin sides. they will get epoxy coats and varnish. :Dor paint :D
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine