EPOXY STRENGTH TEST- ON YOU TUBE

Problems, how to use. Also see: "EPOXY", in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, ttownshaw

Shawn K

EPOXY STRENGTH TEST- ON YOU TUBE

Post by Shawn K »

Yesterday I happen to catch the latest boat build video on you tube from the guys on the Acorn to Arabella channel. They seem to be having a problem with glue holding up on some of the scarf joints they were making. It got real interesting to see how it all worked out, not only what they figured out that the problem was but also how they remedied it as well as they ended up doing some strength test using several of the epoxy brands that are out there. So if you get a chance to watch it, check it out. I thought it had some great information and they did a great job.

mrintense

Re: EPOXY STRENGTH TEST- ON YOU TUBE

Post by mrintense »

Yeah, I wish these guys were closer. I would love to go out there and visit. Same with Leo in Washington State.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

I have planned on going to their open house for the last two years, but something always comes up that weekend. As I watched their struggles, I kept here Kens' tag line in my head.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!!
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

I have had ZERO issues with white oak. No warping, splits, checking, or bonding issues. Maybe it is limited to certain species of oak. Of which there are a great many.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

kens

Post by kens »

delete
Last edited by kens on Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

kens

Post by kens »

I have had inconsistent results with white oak.

here I made a test scarf:

then I tested it:

All looks good here, but later I had issues on some different parts. 2 different places.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Return to “Epoxy”