Who's Coming?

Moderator: Roberta

Bill Edmundson

Re: Who's Coming?

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:58 am

Buddy & Susan

BTW: Welcome!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:30 am

Buddy & Susan

Cabin 5 will be available. Ted is waiting for twin grandsons right now and won't make it.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

John56

Postby John56 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:52 pm

I have a floating cabin. Don't remember which one though........

Dale K.

Postby Dale K. » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Hey, Bill. I guess I'll always be the guy who had the car accident at the first gathering in Guntersville and didn't quite make it, though I did make it in 2008 with my little self-designed 8' dinghy. I'm hoping to stop by this year. I'm only an hour away in north GA. I plan to bring a boat just not sure which one. I recently built an 11' sailing dinghy and would love to show it. However, I need to do a little shakedown "cruise" in my plastic boat, a Hunter 18.5. You guys wouldn't "shun" me if I showed up in her would you?

Couple questions:
I'm looking at Hales Bar Marina and don't see a ramp. I could be missing it I guess. Where are guys launching their boats? (If I bring the Hunter, I will need some depth on the ramp as she has a 2' draft.)
If I bring the dinghy, I'm guessing I could set up a tent at Hales Bar?
If I bring the Hunter, I'll stay on her. I'm guessing there would be a slip at the marina?
Google maps will not let me route over the Rt 64/72/41 bridge. Is it closed?

Not sure when I will come up. If my wife comes with me, we may come Thursday afternoon and leave Friday. Weather looks a little better than a Fri/Sat stay.

Dale

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Dale

Be careful coming this time :!: :lol: The ramp is down toward the interstate from Hales Bar, not far. DON'T leave your car there! There are deeper ramps around. Ray Macke can probably give you and answer on that one.

As you come off the interstate, the road tees, turn right. Watch closely on the left. You will see Hales Bar RD. If I'm there first I'll put signs out.

You get off I 24 before the closed bridge. I can't remember. It is first or second exit off I 59 on I 24.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

raymacke

Postby raymacke » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:23 pm

I have launched my 27' True Grit at the Hales Bar Marina a couple times with no problems. I was initially concerned because it is not an all concrete ramp and has some rock on it - was worried about traction when retrieving the 8000+ lbs of trailer boat. That has not been an issue for me. But they suggest after unloading you move your vehicle up to the marina for better security. Here is a Google Map link. The ramp/parking lot is the large white area in the center. http://goo.gl/maps/m8j9O.

There is a much nicer ramp and blacktop parking lot at the Nickajack Lock. I used it the first year for my TG because of my concerns about the rock (and several times with my Cabin Skiff). There is a park employee that lives in a house (or mobilehome) as you turn into the parking lot and if you ask he will keep an eye your vehicle. He usually ask you park up at the top of the lot so it it easier for him to see it from the house. But the ramp is about 6 miles from the marina and in my boat that is almost an hour run. Here is the link to it. http://goo.gl/maps/3SKvr

There is also a decent ramp in the Marion County Park about 2 miles away but I have never use it. http://goo.gl/maps/2vY0e
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:41 pm

:roll: :( I was going to try and sneak down but alas my pay day falls on wrong day the problem about being retired I only get payed once a month. may be next time. but will see all that come to gathering at lake Powell in July. :wink: now if somebody is heading through here ( Ogden Utah) on way and has the time I will send a couple of bottles of home made BlackBerry Merlot I bottled a couple of weeks ago. :wink:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:00 pm

Rod
Wish you could come. It starts getting to be a problem when you come that far. Next Year :!:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Make sure you bring a bunch of the Merlot to the Lake Powell Gathering!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Roberta Hegy wrote:Make sure you bring a bunch of the Merlot to the Lake Powell Gathering!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D

will do i still have 28 bottles of it and just started the clearing process on some sweet cinnamon mead it should also make about 30 bottles 8) :wink: :lol: I think i am going to start some watermelon Merlot soon my primary brewer is empty right now :D
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Return to “Gathering 2013”