IAGG Report

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

Bill Edmundson

IAGG Report

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Well, it has started. We have 5 or 6 boats and 20 to 30 people. Great spirit and Great people. People and boats started coming in on Friday about noon. Nice evening of talk on the dock.

Trackhappy has had his first Splash! Pictures Below. Check the grin.

Saturday morning and the boats have been moved to the city marina for a public display. IAGG had a little free press coverage.

Lots of fun and already talk about next year.

Bill
Attachments
101_2146.JPG
101_2150.JPG
101_2152.JPG
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Trackhappy
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Building Gentry.

Re: IAGG Report

Postby Trackhappy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:39 am

On behalf of us all I'd like to thank Bill for prompting us along, Glen-L for making it all possible, Tony for helping me organise it, and everybody that attended for making it a success. I'd like to make a SPECIAL mention to Bill for sharing his Birthday with us. Happy 30th birthday Bill. :wink:
I'd also like to thank Lola for her visitation, and I'd like to know how Bill scored a Gorgeous Wife half his age. :D
Attachments
BillandLola.jpg
Bill and Lola IAGG 2013
By the time I have built a boat, I'll be ready to build a boat....

Trackhappy

Postby Trackhappy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:33 am

I didn't have a video camera, but my camera did take short video's.
http://youtu.be/16O6eMd8o9Y
Gentry performed flawlessly, running in this shot at 35 MPH, I chickened out at 50MPH, mostly because she is new, but also because I am inexperienced.

I really have to take my hat off to Glen, because I have never built anything in timber, much less a high performance boat and simply following his plans this is the result. She sits exactly on his documented waterline, and runs sweetly both at low speed and high speed. Glen, you have made my year. Thank you SO much for making this not only possible, but a reality.
Gentry IAGG 2013.jpg
Gentry IAGG 2103

Shots of the boats on display at the Port Macquarie Marina
IAGG 1.jpg
IAGG Port MacQuarie

IAGG 2.jpg
IAGG Port MacQuarie

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:53 am

That's so neat to see. Looks like beautiful weather, beautiful location and beautiful boats. Thanks for the report and short video, those are first class builds, WOW! :D

Its so neat that Bill and Lauren were able to enjoy it with you guys. He has done SO much for the Glen-L Gatherings.

Send more pictures if you have more.

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:23 am

Glenn.... Thanks for the video ride. I kinda thought you would enjoy the way the Gentry performs. I am wondering what prop you ended up using. And also, I'm with Chris....More pics please...All the boats look great, but for some reason, I am partial to the Gentry....How many boats ended up at IAGG?....

Trackhappy

Postby Trackhappy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:31 pm

We had 4 working Glen-L boats and Pete's partial build on a trailer.
This was the fourth boat, a Malahini which we weren't expecting. I'll get more pictures up as I sort through and resize them. Others took more shots and will no doubt post as well.
IAGG_Malahini.jpg
Malahini

My "little" brother turned up with his Ally boat and played safety boat which was comforting.
Ray_boat1.jpg

Weather turned out perfect and everybody had a great time. I think we managed to get everybody a ride that wanted it.

Aussie

Postby Aussie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Hold the press! We had another glenl boat at the Gathering and none of us picked it...there was a hunky dory made from steel...very stable ,solid boat with a tonne of room... Had a great weekend and would like to thank all for the rides and drive ( thanks glen)...
See you all next year...
Jamie
Attachments
IMG_20131027_130745.jpg
IMG_20131026_130200.jpg
IMG_20131026_130025.jpg

Aussie

Postby Aussie » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Couple more pics...
Jamie
Attachments
IMG_20131027_133054.jpg
IMG_20131026_143410.jpg
IMG_20131025_152125.jpg

Trackhappy

Postby Trackhappy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 am

Aussie wrote:Hold the press! We had another glenl boat at the Gathering and none of us picked it...there was a hunky dory made from steel...very stable ,solid boat with a tonne of room... Had a great weekend and would like to thank all for the rides and drive ( thanks glen)...
See you all next year...
Jamie

Well I never!!! I feel bad now. Joe?? was there and we chatted and everything but I had no idea his boat was a Glen-L design.

I am very sorry that we didn't give your boat any attention, had I known I would have taken more pictures and had a close look at her. If you are on the forum, please identify yourself and let us know if you have a build thread. I'll search a little later myself. (Oh, and I hope I got your name right... )

Cheers,
Glenn.
Last edited by Trackhappy on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

red

Postby red » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:44 am

looks like yall had a great time the boats look awesome thanks for posting

Canoath

Postby Canoath » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:24 am

That's just awsome. Congrats to all on making it a success. I planned on popping in to say gday but despite organising time off in advance we just couldn't make it. I presume we can say there's always next year and the year after that and after that :D

Congrats on the launch Track. I've fallen behind on following some builds, I get too envious, LOL, but love the GlenL monogramed dial. A GlenL logo somewhere on my hull will be a must.
Building a Malahini.......one day

Trackhappy

Postby Trackhappy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:22 am

Got home safely, Al headed off to face his Family. Put the Baby away after a quick clean. I can finally settle down after so many months of stress and work.

Please forgive me if everything didn't go as planned (or not). Towards the end I was concentrating on getting Gentry ready not organising The Gathering. REALLY need to thank Tony for organising the food and going shopping, and everybody else for kicking in and helping plan and launch the boats .

Simon jumped on a plane to attend just a matter of hours after his Wife gave birth....
Geoff (Jeff??) has sailed around the world but blessed me by driving my Gentry with finesse for our river run.
Alan has helped me with Gentry for many eventful Sundays, and without his vehicle and help I wouldn't have been there.
Tim and Alan both had beautiful boats for us to admire.
Old Aussie Pete went to a huge effort to get his partially built beauty for us to clamber over and talk about.
Joe sneaked in (very successfully mind you) with his Hunky Dory.
Brad also sneaked in with his Gorgeous Malahini.
Got to chat with Jenko and helped him stress a little bit more about his V12 build :wink:
Got to share Bill's 21st Birthday with him.
Got to be entertained by Lauren (aka LOLA) after training her on how to enjoy Vegemite :lol:
Thanks to Bill, Lauren and Gayle for the gifts and thoughts.
Thanks to Glen for his designs and inspiration that made it all possible, and Gayle for keeping it going.

Indeed for a first Gathering it was a very great success. Great friends. Need to find a better venue. Rooms were ok, unfortunately at low tide we couldn't launch the boats, and a very small dock that could only hold one boat. Need to buy a video camera as well.

AG2 will be better. Not sure yet where we will go, or if I will still have a boat to bring, but we better start planning, we only have 12 months... :shock:
Last edited by Trackhappy on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trackhappy

Postby Trackhappy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:28 am

A piccie from Alan.... Check the finish on the deck.
BillAndLauren.jpg

Trackhappy

Postby Trackhappy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 am

neel thompson wrote:Glenn.... Thanks for the video ride. I kinda thought you would enjoy the way the Gentry performs. I am wondering what prop you ended up using. And also, I'm with Chris....More pics please...All the boats look great, but for some reason, I am partial to the Gentry....How many boats ended up at IAGG?....

Prop is a 12 x 15 cupped. Wish I had a proper video camera to take more. I was expecting to fit trim tabs but she behaved beautifully. Only issue was a popped hose clamp on one exhaust that dripped on my foot. As you might imagine we were listenng for any and every noise and smell indicating a problem.
Driving issues were idle, in gear 5-6 MPH. Above that 10 MPH nose is so high you can't see over it to navigate. At 20 MPH, the nose comes back down and you have good steerage. 23 MPH is nice slow planing, easy to see ahead, but no good n a marina at that speed.

Amazing driving down the highway the thumbs up signs you get, people scream up behind, suddenly see Gentry, slow up and stare for a while then go past and smile and wave. Pull into Servo (Gas Station for you Guys OS) and people come over and chat. Drive along and necks snap around as they spot her. I am not a show person, but it is nice to know I have created something that is so appreciated.

Trackhappy

Postby Trackhappy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:00 am

SucreComme_Jamie.jpg

Owner de Sucre Comme
IAGG_Tim.jpg

Ciao_Bella.jpg

Return to “Australia Gathering 2013”