Announcing: Midwest Regional Spring Fling May 10-12 2013

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

vupilot

Announcing: Midwest Regional Spring Fling May 10-12 2013

Postby vupilot » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:20 am

Alright all you midwestern Glen-L boaters. Here is another opportunity to enjoy a great weekend with your internet boatbuilding buddies. Lets see some of those boats from the Great Lakes Region that we have only heard about. Make new friends and hang out again with old friends. All types of DIY boats welcome.

Location: Patoka Lake Marina in southern Indiana. http://www.patokalakemarina.com/ 6 of the marina's 7 floating cabins are currently available as of this morning, lets fill them up.
$159/night 2 bedroom $199/night 3 bedroom. 2 night minimum. $200 deposit required at reservation time.
Partner up with your friends here so we can get the most participation possible, the two bedrooms have two actual bedrooms with queen beds as well as a pull out sofa so they comfortably sleep 6 and have a single full bathroom. They have a good size fridge, oven/stove, gas grills on the dock and more.

Pictures of floating cabins and docks. http://www.patokalakemarina.com/lodging ... _index.htm

Dates: Show up Friday May 10th, 2013 after lunch, depart Sunday May 12th after lunch.

Lake Patoka Marina also has a Lakeside Bunkhouse available. This is large building on the hill directly above the floating cabins that is set up more like a hotel room, there is no real kitchen like the cabins have but if we do a pitch in dinner on the dock saturday night that shouldnt be any issue. Each room comes with a boat slip that is within view from Bunkhouse. You can see in the pictures on the website how close this bunkhouse is to the cabins.
http://www.patokalakemarina.com/lodging_bunkhouse.htm

There are also land cabins available at the park entrance about 2 miles from the floating cabins. The land cabins are the size of a modest house. http://www.patokalakemarina.com/lodging_cabins.htm
The boat ramp is 1/4 mile from the floating cabins. Plenty of dock space for about 14 boats at the floating cabins, docks are in good condition.

They will not hold the floating cabins and they are expected to fill up so if you want to participate we need to commit on this quickly and make our reservations before more floating cabins are booked.

Cabin reservations as of 10/25/12

Cabin 1, 3 bdrm. Open
Cabin 2, 3 bdrm. Chris Atwood
Cabin 3, 2 bdrm. Btowndan
Cabin 4, 2 bdrm. Open
Cabin 5, 2 bdrm. Open
Cabin 6, 2 bdrm. Open
Cabin 7, 2 bdrm. Occupied, not with our group.

-Chris
Last edited by vupilot on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

tgauthier

Re: Announcing: Midwest Regional Spring Fling May 10-12 2013

Postby tgauthier » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks Chris for getting this started. I am very interested in bringing my Zip. Let me know if you need help with things.

Ted

Lil Jon

Postby Lil Jon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Count me in, I have 3 Glen-L boats that we will bring with us. I am marking it on my calander. I know this event may be just tentative, but I hope you get enough interest. We will go if you set it up.
Jon

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:41 am

Excellent Jon, I was just about to PM you. I really hoped you could join us.

So far we have maybe's from...

Lil Jon-TinyMight
Ted Gauthier-Zip
Art Atkinson-Squirt
dendrlr-TNT

Thats great guys, let us know when you have checked your calendars and are ready to make a reservation. I am hoping to do this by friday with at least 3-4 of us and we will be off to a great start.

-Chris

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:53 am

Rich and I would be interested. Sounds like fun!!

Roberta :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:54 am

Sounds like a lot of fun Chris...It will probably be around March before I can confirm but I'll try to make it as well.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:34 am

Sounds great you guys.

Bill- by March they will probably be sold out. Even though I'm sure we would have enough folks come to fill all the floating cabins they will not hold them without a 200$ deposit of which half is refundable up until 2 weeks prior. Land cabins should be available much later though and also nearby hotels. I may even have room in our cabin depending how much family joins Heather and I.

Chris

Lil Jon

Postby Lil Jon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:47 am

Chris,
Let me know when you are sure this event will happen and I will call and make my reservation for a floating cabin.
Jon

ttownshaw

Postby ttownshaw » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks Chris...I'll let you know as soon as I do. Just too early to know for sure right now. Spring softball will be in full swing from March to July so I have to plan my weekends carefully. Right now we are planning on 2-3 tournaments a month so I just don't know where we will be for sure right now.
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Let's plan on starting making reservations this Friday. We have enough interest to make it official. I will call them before lunch to reserve a 2 bedroom for Heather and I.
Please post which cabin you get so we can keep a list of who is where.

They only have one 3 bedroom floating cabin available so if you reserve that one make sure you will fill it up, we don't want to leave any boaters hanging if we can help it

Chris

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Chris

Way to go! I think it's a GO! I may come. But, I don't know right now. There may be lots of changes in my life about then.

You guys go for it :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Lil Jon

Postby Lil Jon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:39 pm

Looks like I will only be taking two Glen-L boats next May. It appears I have a buyer for my Zip, the boat may be gone in the next couple of days. I wasn't sure how to get all three to the lake anyway, this way I can pull the Tiny Might and Pee Wee in tandom.
Jon.

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:34 pm

:roll: sorry still to far for me to attend :wink:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Bob Maskel

Postby Bob Maskel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Hell, we'll still be ice fishing here!! :lol: :lol:
Bob
Sea Knight on the water/Malahini in progress

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 am

Never seen a PeeWee or TinyMight. Can't wait!

Bob, why do I get the feeling you may not be joking? We'll have to calculate how many laps around the lake you would have to do to make your 1000 water miles per get together goal. :lol:

Return to “Midwest Regional Spring Fling 2013”