FOOD!

News from the great Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Bergy

Re: FOOD!

Postby Bergy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks for tying the score Chris! I would love to sample some local brews from around the country. There night be one or two other beer drinkers in attendance. Let's make this happen!
"It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
Abraham Lincoln

kens

Postby kens » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:34 am

Which is more Hoppy?
bitter?
are they an Ale?
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bergy

Postby Bergy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:03 am

Ken, here is what is posted in BeerAdvocate:
Old Yankee Ale
"Our flagship brew, a medium bodied, American Amber Ale, that has a great up-front malt taste with a refreshing hop finish. Drown yourself in New England with this outstanding session beer."
Naughty Nurse English Bitter Ale
"The Naughty Nurse has become quite the popular lady in the Nutmeg State. With her classy and sensual elegance, combined with just the right amount of...ahem...bite, she has made many a friend both inside and outside of our brewpub. Don't let that "come hither" look fool you, though - she is all business when it comes to performance. In fact, she is our best seller! If the Nurse needs a match, it can be a nice beefy burger, or almost anything else on a pub style menu. And with her moderate alcohol content, she can stand alone and make your next Session last a long, long time! This fine ale is brewed for a spicy, slightly bittersweet finish using traditional English malt, hops, yeast and manners. Available short or tall, of course!"
Abraham Lincoln

Bergy

Postby Bergy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Attention Neel Thompson. Laura said she is getting a case of 'Taquitos' and nothing else for appetizers.
Abraham Lincoln

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi folks! :D

I'll do Chili on Friday night and Howard and Lula Mae want to do a Low Country Boil.

Becky and Mannan Thomason can you do the Brunswick stew and Slaw on Saturday night?
Chris, You might do Roberta's bratwursts or sausage Saturday night. They're crockpot made and fairly straight forward.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:55 pm

Bergy wrote:Ken, here is what is posted in BeerAdvocate:
Old Yankee Ale
"Our flagship brew, a medium bodied, American Amber Ale, that has a great up-front malt taste with a refreshing hop finish. Drown yourself in New England with this outstanding session beer."
Naughty Nurse English Bitter Ale
"The Naughty Nurse has become quite the popular lady in the Nutmeg State. With her classy and sensual elegance, combined with just the right amount of...ahem...bite, she has made many a friend both inside and outside of our brewpub. Don't let that "come hither" look fool you, though - she is all business when it comes to performance. In fact, she is our best seller! If the Nurse needs a match, it can be a nice beefy burger, or almost anything else on a pub style menu. And with her moderate alcohol content, she can stand alone and make your next Session last a long, long time! This fine ale is brewed for a spicy, slightly bittersweet finish using traditional English malt, hops, yeast and manners. Available short or tall, of course!"

Where do those guys come up with those descriptions? :lol: :lol:
Its like those describing wine, or, cigars. :roll:
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Howard... Thanks to Laura for getting me and my whole family hooked on Taquitos!! Can't wait !!!

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:12 pm

We will be bringing the big coffee earn with the big dent in the side after last years storm. We plan to be there Friday morning. Don't start the river run without us.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:31 pm

Butch

My pot is bent also from that storm. But, it works and will be there.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Mannanj

Postby Mannanj » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Becky says "aye aye sir" on the Brunswick Stew and Slaw for Sat. nite. We can help with appetizers too if needed.

I bought a 56 Chris Craft 15ft. Cavalier with a 40hp flathead Hercules to fix up and sell to help finance my Barrelback build. The work won't be finished in time for the Gathering. So------we would like to hitch a ride to Chatanooga if someone has a couple of open seats.
Msgt. Mannan Thomason USAF (Ret)
Bucket List Check Off In Progress
Starting Barrelback

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:39 pm

Mannan

Thanks. And, I'm sure there will be seats available for Chattanooga. If I run the Tahoe, I'll have 4 or 5 openings. Bob Maskel's Sea Knight can take a few. Butch and Paula are good for a couple. It won't be a problem.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:15 pm

I was thinking of doing chicken enchilada soup. But I could learn how to do the Sausage instead. Any votes?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:33 pm

Chris

Do what you feel good about doing. We'll eat it! :wink:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:35 pm

:roll: :lol: we was bad we never did the meal thing only drank the wine :lol: at the Lake Powell gather. :twisted:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

Bergy

Postby Bergy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:30 pm

I have a tradition that on Sunday I make Swedish pancakes (Plette) with lingonberry. I plan to continue the tradition at the gathering, however I will be making them at the cabin up the hill, not on the dock. So, if you would like Swedish pancakes and bacon on Sunday, let me know. I'll be up early as usual so if your want an early breakfast on your way back home, I'll be happy to oblige.

Howard
Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Gathering 2014, Sept. 19-21, Guild, Tennessee”