Complaints Department

News from the great Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Bill Edmundson

Complaints Department

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Certainly things were much better this year! But, a few things to be addressed.

We were in floating 2 BR Cabin 1. The shower drains very slow. And we started to heat the chili on the stove and it bearly got warm. We had the same issue in Cabin 2 a few years ago.

My 50 year old propane stove came to the rescue.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Re: Complaints Department

Postby kens » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:58 pm

That is one reason I was at the Holiday Inn this year. Besides, I got an internet 'travel package' deal with airfare, hotel, + rental car for a firm fixed price.
I basically did a boycott of the cabins condition this year.
My cabin a few years ago had a very poor air conditioner.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:10 am

I will keep an eye on this thread and pass on all complaints and suggestions to Hales Bar. I think they read our forum posts, but just in case.....

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:40 am

Everything worked in mine this year #6. The shower faucet handle was from a kitchen handle which was odd but worked fine. I really appreciated the work that went into getting the dock rubber re-attached back in place.

Mannanj

Postby Mannanj » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Floating cabin #8 was fine this year except for the slow shower drain. Not sure, but I think the shower drain slowness might be due to the grey water holding tank being very close to the deck, not down deep in the lake water where it might flow more freely. Just a guess???
Msgt. Mannan Thomason USAF (Ret)
Bucket List Check Off In Progress
Starting Barrelback

Butch Barto

Postby Butch Barto » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:05 pm

No problems with our RV up in the camp ground toilet , sink, AC, Stove, Frig, Tv cable all worked fine. We wish they could move all the Mosquitos away from the dock area the weekend we are there. We are still scratching.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Funny I just stud next to Butch and I had not trouble with the mosquitoes. :?

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:47 pm

I think this is great! No more complaints than this shows how much Hales Bar has done and what Neel has done following it! Thanks!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:13 am

I agree Bill. They did a great job getting things ready for us. If anyone else has anything to add to the list, please do it here. I will wait a few days and then send an email to Courtney thanking her and the staff and will list the small number of problem areas....Neel

kens

Postby kens » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:32 pm

I think the floating cabins are backwards.
You enter from the dock to the bedroom.
Why not enter to the living room?
Many times folks want to split cost of a cabin (sleep on the couch) but the entrance to the bedroom just kills it.

For heavens sake, turn the darned things around ! ! !
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Ken

I think Kevin and Ray are looking at that turn around. It really doesn't work to come and go through the bed room.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:03 am

Hi Everyone, I just sent a note to Courtney at Hales Bar thanking her and the staff for making this year much more comfortable than last. Here is a copy of the text:

Hi Courtney,

I wanted to send you a note to thank you and your entire staff for all of the improvements made to the marina since we were there in September, 2013. I sent you an email about a year ago listing the concerns and suggestions after our last "Gathering" (G-7). Every single item on the list was corrected, and other improvements that were not on the list were completed as well. I am sorry I don't know all of the names, but one I do know is Tim. Please thank him and the entire crew that worked on the docks for installing extra cleats, repairing the rub rail, removing nails, and installing lights. I know it was a big job, but pulling every floating cabin out of the water and correcting the flotation to make them level was a big improvement and greatly appreciated. The Ship's Store was stocked well for us and as usual, Tony did an excellent job.

After everyone returned home, we opened up our Glen-L Forum for G-8 attendees to voice concerns and suggestions. There were only a few, and I hesitate mentioning them. I do feel though that since you folks are on a roll, you may want to address these issues as well. Land cabins one and eight had slow draining showers. The stove top in land cabin one did not get very hot. No complaints at all from the RV Park or any of the land cabins. There were several in agreement that the floating cabins should be turned around so you don't enter through the bedroom. That may not be possible do to electrical and plumbing connections.

So you see we had a very happy group this year at Hales Bar. This was due to the hard work and attention to detail by your entire staff. We thank all of you and we will be back for sure in 2015.

Neel Thompson

Return to “Gathering 2014, Sept. 19-21, Guild, Tennessee”