Michigan Gathering - Boat Show

At the Oakland County Boat Club on Sylvan Lake, Oakland County, Michigan

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

tgauthier

Michigan Gathering - Boat Show

Postby tgauthier » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:07 am

Hello Everyone,

We are in the beginning stages of organizing a "Wood Boat Gathering" in Oakland County, Michigan. This would be held at the Oakland County Boat Club on Sylvan Lake. The Dates are Saturday and Sunday, May 3rd and 4th, 2014.

Every year the O.C.B.C. has a boat show for the water ski boat dealers in our area and these dealers put them on display and give rides to demonstrate their boats performance. This year I received a call from the club asking if we could bring our wood boats and join the activities. You could put your boat in the water or leave it on the trailer for display. They have a very nice clubhouse and boat ramp.

Boat Show flyer: http://oaklandcountyboatclub.roundtable ... g/boatshow

This event would be very casual.... no awards. Just friends meeting up and having a good time.

If you think you may be interested in joining us, feel free to send me an email.

I will provide more information as I get it.

Oh yeah... I'll have my camera and video equipment with me and put something together during that weekend.

Ted Gauthier
tgauthier@comcast.net
(248) 933-0062

Bill Edmundson

Re: Michigan Gathering - Boat Show

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Ted

Is there an on ICE display :?: :shock:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Ted,,, I think it might be something I would like to attend... I have two lost cousins near Detroit that I would love to meet up with. Would it be open to inboard boats? Hotels in the area? Neel

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:00 pm

I might need to make a trip to Michigan to look at motors and trailers. Maybe I can time this.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

tgauthier

Postby tgauthier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:15 am

Bill Edmundson wrote:Ted

Is there an on ICE display :?: :shock:

Bill

Hi Bill,

I certainly hope the Ice will be gone by then.. a few weeks ago the ice was at least 20" thick. But now that you mention it... The Oakland County Boat Club / Sylvan Lake is where the Detroit News held the DN ice boat races in the 1930's, 40's and 50's. Maybe we could get the ice boat guys.

Ted
p.s. I see that this thread is in the wrong location (Lk. Powell), maybe on of the moderators can put it in the proper spot. I could not figure out how to do that.

tgauthier

Postby tgauthier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 am

neel thompson wrote:Ted,,, I think it might be something I would like to attend... I have two lost cousins near Detroit that I would love to meet up with. Would it be open to inboard boats? Hotels in the area? Neel

Hi Neel,

It would be great to have you. I just love your boat. Yes, there are hotels in the area. The Oakland County International airport is 15min away, and Birmingham, Michigan is 10 min. up the road. Great places for good food and drink. The O.C.B.C. has a bar and grill. Gas pumps on the dock (although.. gas is much higher than at the local gas station).

There are plenty of boat wells.. The has asked it members not to put their boats in the wells until after the show.

Ted

tgauthier

Postby tgauthier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:27 am

Roberta wrote:I might need to make a trip to Michigan to look at motors and trailers. Maybe I can time this.

Roberta :D

Hi Roberta,

Art Atkinson and Travis both live within 30 minutes of the Lake and they are both very active members of the Antique boat motor club, I am sure they can be of great help. Also, there are several RV's (airplanes for those who don't know what a real RV is) at the airport for you to reflect some of your fond memories.

Ted

travis24

Postby travis24 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Ted,

Sounds like a great idea. Not sure I'll have my motor complete by then if not I'll drag the boat over anyway.

Travis
Attachments
Mark 58 Powerhead.jpg
Rub Rail 006.JPG
It's like anything you Build. You have to be Patient.

Measure Twice, cut Once.

Keep em Alive ! Vintage & Antique outboards

www.liquidassetsonline.org

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:27 am

Not looking good for me at the moment. We have too much planned right around that weekend that we can't change. Things may change though...I will remain hopeful..Neel

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Sun May 04, 2014 6:27 pm

D'oh!

I'm just reading about this. Looks like I'm a day late once again.... grrr.....
-Craig

Return to “"Wood Boat Gathering" May 3-4, 2014”