150' carbon fiber and aluminum pipe

Fiberglassing over plywood and one-off fiberglass methods. See: "Boatbuilding Methods", in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: ttownshaw

weevar

150' carbon fiber and aluminum pipe

Post by weevar » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:46 pm

starting my project with the material and desgin i was thinking about carbon fiber hull and aluminum pipe framing. the desgin is basicly the grand turk frigate but with smaller masts and replace the sail with solar and wind generators. for ths project ill need about 1,500 square feet of carbon fiber and 400 feet of aluminum piping welded for the frame work. which i have already but still looking for better applications processes.

thanks to all viewers and helpers

specialk

Re: 150' carbon fiber and aluminum pipe

Post by specialk » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:01 am

good luck ... Kaappa is my favorite place on earth... but am looking at some Hawaii acres property on the big island
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

weevar

Post by weevar » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Im not actually a local im just sail here then ran a ground on a reef near port the bouy was missing so Im currently building a new boat with money i got by sueing the guy responsible for the missing bouy and insunace money. The remaining boat build buget is 35,508 usd to spend I have already spent 15,992 usd the law suit paid 60,000 and my insurnace paid me 18,000 for the reduced value of my boat I then decided to use 51,500 dallors to use on this project and the rest to pay for my stay and voyage

Another feature im working on is a 4 layered huldesign. A outer hull filled with water ment to prevent hull punctures. The second hull will ground the electrical system wich is covered by electrician expanding isolation foam and the finail isolation hull to keep a cool cabin. I was thinkinking about fider glass foam board. Each layer separated by a carbon fiber hull wall framed by aluminum pipes

After a little research and experamentation Ive decided to make a dual pipe frame boxed every 5 feet. 6 layers of carbon fiber wapped around the frame and contnected by aluminum pipes every 2 1/2 feet topped off by a carbon fider roof between the hull walls. Thats the plan that I have come up with to buil the boat super strong, super safe and fast

Is this over board or is it nessecary to prevent this boat from ending like last one

hoodman

Post by hoodman » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:12 pm

one hundred and fifty feet?
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

weevar

Post by weevar » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:01 pm

yes 150' means 150 feet long. the average with of 30 feet. the widest part 50 feet. the depth/hieght of 10-15 feet wne i suspect that building all day for 4 mounths or more will be required to complete this project and even with my remaining buget of 35,508 it wont be fancy but it will be my dream boat it wont be like qnything ive built up to know tgat why i need help

thank you all for veiwing this topic if you have any question comments or conserns just let me know Ill be happy to anwser any and all of them

thanks for asking i should of clareified those dimensions before

Return to “Fiberglass”