Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia ACBS show September 11th to 13

This was another GREAT time with the Glen-L boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

neel thompson

Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia ACBS show September 11th to 13

Postby neel thompson » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:39 am

Hi All,
I just got the packet from Alan Frederick, Smith Mountain Lake ACBS 2015 Boat Show Chairman. The show will be held 9/11 to 9/13 at Mariners Landing Resort on Smith Mountain Lake (about 20 miles east of Roanoke and a six hour drive to G-9). They have 1,2,3 bedroom condos available for that weekend. There are also other hotels on the lake. They welcome home built boats. Friday is launch day, lunch, and a lake cruise in the afternoon down to the dam area followed by a "Night Social" in the early evening. Saturday is the show followed by the Awards Dinner. Sunday is a cruise combined with a workshop tour and then dinner at Crazy Horse Marina.

I thought it would be great to have as many Glen-L boats as possible at the show. It is the weekend before G-9, so I plan on arriving at SML on Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday morning for Chattanooga. Craig and I will be at G-9 all week until Sunday afternoon, September 20th. Certainly we will do the "Chattanooga Lunch Cruise" on Friday, but also thinking about a couple other day trips before that.

Anyone interested?? You can get show details and registration information by email to jeanandalan588@msn.com. He seemed very excited to have representation from Glen-L. He told me that last year there was a 24' Glen-L boat there and it was the hit of the show! Not sure who that was? Just post here on this thread if you think it is a possibility. Might have to have a "Glen-L Spaghetti Dinner".
Take Care,,,,Neel

JPM98Keydet

Re: Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia ACBS show September 11th to 13

Postby JPM98Keydet » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:03 am

I'm about 20 minutes from the SML ACBS show location, but will be another 30 minutes north that Saturday for a family event. Bummer.
Hope some of y'all get to visit. It's a good location and an enjoyable event.
Safe travels,
JPM

Return to “Gathering 2015”