SLOT REDS ..LIMIT in 12 min...

A place for all Glen-L Boatbulders to share their boating adventures and fishing stories (Glen-L makes no judgement as to any possible "exaggerations" contained herein....)

Moderator: vupilot

specialk

SLOT REDS ..LIMIT in 12 min...

Postby specialk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:49 am

So my wife and I wanted to go to Florida, to do some fishing...I worked a 12hr shift ..went home slept for 4hrs and drove to Mosquito Lagoon...just a 7hr ride... launched boat... rode threw the Haulover Canal, across the Lagoon to one of my favorite spots and started polling the Flats Flyer ... there were fish all around us ... I could see from my nice high platform ... told my wife to cast about 11 o'clock off the bow and BAMM... first fish on... came off the platform landed her fish took a picture ... and back up to the platform... it was a little windy so it took a minute to get back on course .. gave the wife insight, were to cast... Bam another nice RED FISH ...so back off platform landed her fish took a picture.....THEN IT HIT ME... We just hit our limit and I have not even got to cast yet...I did catch a few nice reds, and released them all but the two my wife caught.. we had 3 more days of the same... the wind did keep us off the Lagoon 1 day and we just fished the Haulover Canal ... looking forward to our next trip..
Attachments
20151206_120019.jpg
20151206_120003.jpg
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

Dave Grason

Re: SLOT REDS ..LIMIT in 12 min...

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:24 am

Fish NEVER bite when I'm around. So, I will just come right down there and put a STOP to that!! :lol:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Soloboat

Postby Soloboat » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:28 am

On a boat you built with rods wrapped by your wife. I could go on... gotta love it ... way to go
) Champagne dreams and wishes are possible on a beer budget. Just build the boat.
Nice curves are easy on the eyes.
Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson.

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Too cool Kelly. I'm envious! :D
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

tcough

Postby tcough » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Way to go Kelly! But I guess we know who the fisherman, or should I say fisherwoman, is!

Can't wait to get mine built and into some skinny water. So what were they biting on? Heard shrimp and mullet are working good.
Happy Boating,
Tracy

Building a 19'-9" Flats Flyer

specialk

Postby specialk » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:07 am

Dave .. you could not have stopped this bite... I wish I had one of the gopro cameras it really was a special day ...

Denzill.. Thanks.. some of my long time friend's or still jealous that she wraps rods...

Carl... you will be on the water soon... hang in there...

Tracy... we had some shrimp on the last two days...but caught more on my friend bait from Edgewater... www.grandslambaits.com
if you zoom in on the top picture you can see the paddletail bait... I think he calls this one "Cracked Pepper: you can get them at Capt Hooks.. across from Dixie Crossroads... looking at Jan 8 -13 for or next trip down...maybe you can make time for some fishing,,, hope the wind will die down...
2nd Boat.....?

kens

Postby kens » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:43 pm

That is some good eating there, for sure. !!!
I live in an area where the reds are everywhere except where I am at the moment, I can't get them.
I am going to put a GoPro on a rod reel mount, and then ,,,,,,,,one of these days,,,,,,,Im gonna get a good video.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

weller

Postby weller » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:41 am

Nice catch. Nothing better that catching fish on a boat you built.
"My mind is on a permanent vacation, the ocean is my only medication"

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:11 am

Really Cool!!! Good Job!!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

specialk

Postby specialk » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks everyone... I love fishing and I think my wife started so we can spend more time together ...the thing that I am having the most trouble with... is wrapping my mind around the fact that I BUILT THIS BOAT...it is a joy to be in.. fishing the flats, in Florida or fishing a lake in the Carolina's...the performance of the boat is fabulous.. a friend of mine in Florida has bought a 40K boat.. all the bells and whistle's a shallow water boat can have...My Flats Flyer is a much better ride with half the motor.. and I have less than half of his draft... I am so ready to build another one...... which one is next....?
2nd Boat.....?

kens

Postby kens » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 pm

specialk wrote:Thanks everyone... I love fishing and I think my wife started so we can spend more time together ...the thing that I am having the most trouble with... is wrapping my mind around the fact that I BUILT THIS BOAT...it is a joy to be in.. fishing the flats, in Florida or fishing a lake in the Carolina's...the performance of the boat is fabulous.. a friend of mine in Florida has bought a 40K boat.. all the bells and whistle's a shallow water boat can have...My Flats Flyer is a much better ride with half the motor.. and I have less than half of his draft... I am so ready to build another one...... which one is next....?

"I am so ready to build another one...... which one is next….?"

Think blue water…...
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

specialk

Postby specialk » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:54 am

Ken ... I am really thinking about CS-20 outboard cabin cruiser... for the next build... It would fill a void in my fishing ..!
2nd Boat.....?

Return to “"Fishing Stories" by Glen-L Boatbuilders”